Tahr XP, Olive or Tussock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Treemonk

Forager
Oct 22, 2008
Perthshire
Tussock by a country mile - fantastic neutral natural shade, sits well in many environments, with no military overtone too - a sort of olive / coyote tan mix

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Definitely Tussock. Although...the new Tussock of the AEGIS fabric is more like a regular tan - less of the very classy green/grey/brown of the old Gore Tex Tussock. Still nice 'though. I have the Tahr XP and it is superb, with brilliant pockets and new style cuffs which mean you never get chilled wrists. The AEGIS fabric breathes very well and is thicker and tougher than the old Gore Tex. Import from NZ was a doddle.

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
Tussock. Have a Wapiti in tussock and it is very practical for hunting and looks very neutral when not hunting. If that makes sense?

Last edited:

Mr_Riff

Aug 13, 2012
Manchester
Definitely Tussock. Although...the new Tussock of the AEGIS fabric is more like a regular tan - less of the very classy green/grey/brown of the old Gore Tex Tussock. Still nice 'though. I have the Tahr XP and it is superb, with brilliant pockets and new style cuffs which mean you never get chilled wrists. The AEGIS fabric breathes very well and is thicker and tougher than the old Gore Tex. Import from NZ was a doddle.

Ordered an XP in Tussock direct from Swazi. £292 inc delivery. Got the invoice this morning from Parcelforce for Customs Duty and Import Tax, £35. Delivery expected sometime tomorrow :)

Mr_Riff

Aug 13, 2012
Manchester
They tried delivering it this morning while i was at work and left it at my local post office. Picked it up this afternoon. Very pleased with the build quality and feel of the material, as long as it breathes better than the Ridgeline Monsoon II (breath-ability of a bin bag IMO) i'll be a very happy customer.
I think i could have got away with a XL but at least the XXL leaves plenty of room for extra layers underneath.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
It's massively more breathable than the Ridgeline. I couldn't quite believe it for such a heavy fabric, but I have yet to get sweaty in mine.

How long before you start hankering for a Tussock Wapiti....?

Last edited:

Mr_Riff

Aug 13, 2012
Manchester
It's massively more breathable than the Ridgeline. I couldn't quite believe it for such a heavy fabric, but I have yet to get sweaty in mine.

How long before you start hankering for a Tussock Wapiti....?

Used it in anger last week filming a commercial for Audi in The Lakes and in Manchester City centre. Hours of rain and some hard work, built up quite a sweat and at one point felt quite wet and clammy, but where the Ridgeline would've made me feel cold and kept me wet underneath, the Tahr evaporated the moisture at an impressive rate and i felt warmer and drier whilst still in the rain than anything else i've worn under similiar conditions.
To say i'm impressed is an understatement.

Not sure about the Wapiti, i love smocks :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE