Tactical?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Don’t concern yourselves with walts. All you need to do is ask them the colour of the boathouse at Hereford. If they give the wrong answer you should then ambush them with a cup of coffee.
And send them to stores for a tin of tartan paint, a tub of K9P and a long stand.

BumblingAlong

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2021
Winchester
I do wonder how many when they escape maintain the military appearance, to wonder how much of that appearance is anything other than institutionalisation, i.e. doing what's comfortable as a result of the programming. And yes I do wear veg gear, but I do so through being unable to afford other of what I know works in certain environments.

But back in my day is was considered not only uncool but potentially dangerous to adopt a military appearance off base due to what agreement was yet to be signed. To further wonder if the 'fashion' for the military appearance to derive at least ' tactical ' and there the increased awareness of ' walting ' might have arisen due to a lack of threat.
I'm looking for a new 30l backpacking rucksack which will also double as an EDC (every day carry) as i attempt to take on the grey man persona.

I want the thick shoulder straps and significant back padding which I can only find when searching on military tactical bags. This doesn't work out because even the most basic tactical molle bag attracts constant attention in town.

Military 'covert' bags are much more discreet and may satisfy my duel needs.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Don’t concern yourselves with walts. All you need to do is ask them the colour of the boathouse at Hereford. If they give the wrong answer you should then ambush them with a cup of coffee.

An odd film that I kinda liked back then.

De Niro seems to do the most diverse range of film types for a 'serious' actor.

And God bless Sean Bean for sneaking into yet another Hollywood film.
( Not bad for an ex-welder )

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
"Grey man" does not mean grey as the colour, it means either to blend in or be inconspicuous in some other way. In many places looking like a tourist is a safe bet (if in season). A drunk imitation works often. The grey sky is the limit with imagination ...

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE