Tactical Pen ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chandelierman

Forager
Dec 14, 2018
essex
I bought a Smith & Wesson tactical pen last week for 30 odd quid,Has a screw off lid to be able to write with and the other end has a tip but is a spike,Depends what you intend to use it for? But defo not worth £30.. I have got another one coming which is a bit like the Uzi named pen with a glass breaker on the other end which was less than £4 ... I make and sell brass Kubaton Keyrings for those that don’t need the writing function

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Yeah I'm not a fan of the Pen Tip covers whether there push or screw fit, as I think that looks like a mini baton style pen, I know there called tactical pens for a reason, but I don't want my EDC one to look like a weapon.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
"...but I don't want my EDC one to look like a weapon."

While I do understand this and agree with it, some of us have more than a few years of Karate etc. behind us. What should we do with our hands? :biggrin:

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I don't belief I'd be able to answer or add my experience or skill set's to this comment, Nor would I want to, but if your trying to brag please pick a different thread, as mine wasn't started to big myself up.
cheer's

Reactions: santaman2000

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I think what TLM means that you can not disguise it from being a weapon, just like a karate skilled person can not disguise his/hers weapons ( hands).

Am I correct?

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Something like that, once you have learned it it is very difficult to unlearn. Somehow at least some martial arts make their practitioners quite peaceful not boisterous or belligerent.

Reactions: Janne

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I meant I know and have the skills mentioned above, But some time if required I might have to use more than myself as a tool / weapon to put someone down.
Anyway I'm saying no more on this thread as I think it's changed from my intended Query.
cheer's for your idea's

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
"...but I don't want my EDC one to look like a weapon."

While I do understand this and agree with it, some of us have more than a few years of Karate etc. behind us. What should we do with our hands? :biggrin:
After several years of karate, years more of police tactics, and military experience; I can say the answer is ignore your hands and get a real weapon.

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Something like an ICBM? That might actually go over their heads, the local law enforcement is paranoic about weapons. So a real weapon is not really an option and to tell the truth not needed if some discretion is used when and where one goes but there is that.

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Something like an ICBM? That might actually go over their heads, the local law enforcement is paranoic about weapons. So a real weapon is not really an option and to tell the truth not needed if some discretion is used when and where one goes but there is that.
Therein lies the best advice: stay in safe places.

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I have been two times in a seminar with kubotan demonstrated, neither did convince me. Which does not mean that it is useless but but ... At my age it would not be odd to have a walking stick, the Hungarians took that to the extreme with their 'fokos' or 'kiss fokos', the slavic speakers in the area know it as 'ciupaga'. That is a walking stick.

This joke does not really translate but visually.

There is a self defence art called Karate then there is a bettered version called Karata. ('Karata' means to run away in Finnish.)

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Running away is legal. Using a kubotan or similar devices, obviously designed to harm, is not, if I am not wrong.
That is in UK.

I am sure there is a lawyer or somebody else here with enough legal knowledge to advice.

When you mentioned a walking stick, the movie A Clockwork Orange came to my mind.
One of the best UK has produced.

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I have been two times in a seminar with kubotan demonstrated, neither did convince me. Which does not mean that it is useless but but ... At my age it would not be odd to have a walking stick, the Hungarians took that to the extreme with their 'fokos' or 'kiss fokos', the slavic speakers in the area know it as 'ciupaga'. That is a walking stick.

This joke does not really translate but visually.

There is a self defence art called Karate then there is a bettered version called Karata. ('Karata' means to run away in Finnish.)
Is that the one with an axehead for a handle? Not sure you would get away with something like that as every day carry, but I do have several walking sticks with pointed antler handles, one of which proved handy in breaking through my door when I accidentally locked myself out once.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
It is called a valaska in Czech. The handle is also made from wood, but axe head shaped.
Used by the mountain shepherds in the Carpatian and Tatra mountains to protect the sheep from the Wolves and the Welsh.

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Well, the handle can be axe shaped or actually a small axe as I have or anything but if metallic it is very handy to hit with. There are at least a few walking stick fighting methods if being fast, vicious and angry is not enough.

I think in the past it was used by shepheards and travellers when full blown weapons were frowned upon. Of course it was used in village fights so in Hungary at one time steel heads were prohibited so bronze and brass ones came into being. Silly idea as a small bronze axe is as dangerous as a steel one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE