Swop - Gansfors Bruks Small Forest Axe for a Wildlife Hatchet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pduggan

Aug 11, 2012
Bournemouth
Hi There,
Anyone interested in swopping a Gansfors Bruks Small Forest Axe in good condition for a Gansfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet in good nick? The Small Forest whilst a fine piece of kit is too big for my needs and just doesn't get the use. I need something that will go into a day sack that I can use for small carving projects.

84781456@N05

All the best,
pduggan

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Wrong section. This should be posted in the swaps section.

Why not introduce yourself first, people are generally less keen to do sales with brand new members to the forum, especially those who seem to have joined just to sell something.

Aside from that, hello and welcome to the forum!

Andy

martsim73

Jul 30, 2012
Wimborne, Dorset
Pduggan, if you want a nice small carving axe can I recommend the Grans Fors Kubben Axe? Here's a photo of mine with a bic biro so you can judge the scale.

IMG_00000038.jpgIMG_00000039.jpg

It's a super small axe that I've also used for much bigger tasks. :)

Martin

Last edited:

martsim73

Jul 30, 2012
Wimborne, Dorset
It is exactly the same head, just a shorter handle again to the wildlife hatchet. I think the details re handle length are on the Gransfor website.

Martin :D

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Head is the same size, but handle is just over half of the wildlife hatchet & chunkier. I have both and is very difficult to choose between them. Carving I would choose the Kubben because smaller and easier to control, but a small pack axe for bushcraft I would go for the wildlife hatchet.

That looks really cool. Nice bit of kit. Any idea how it compares size or size with Wildlife Hatchet?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE