swiss meta 50

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
At last my stove has arrived, it's a little heavier than i thought it would be. The only reason i decided to try one instead of my s.a.t. was the frying pan, and there lies the problem. Does anyone know what i can do to make the frying pan as non stick as possible please?

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Buy a non stick one mate. ;)

Seriously though i've had a civvi trangia for nearly 30 years and have never had anything not stick to the frying pan.

Are there any local firms that hard anodize round by you?

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I'm told that the secret is to be very liberal with the fat when frying in plain alu pans. If anything I tend the other way when frying, so have non-stick frying pans on my Tran 27 & Lidl/Aldi Tranclone cooksets.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Thanks for the advice lads, at the moment im trying the shewie approach. I'm putting a little oil in it and letting it run, trying to season it wok style.I tried a slice of bacon in it this morning and where the oil had burnt (mainly in the middle, it didn't stick although it did round the outside). I'll let you know how i get on.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
yes i could but it would mean going round trying to find one the right size and i prefer to keep it all as it is, and i dont see the point of buying a new frying pan until ive seen what i can do with this one

Last edited:

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Bringing it to RC mate?
Wilko's do a small non stick frying pan which might be the right size, not ideal but worth a punt for a few quid if you can't get the ali non stick. I've never been successful in getting my trangia to be non stick even when i've got the simmer ring on.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
I am mate yes but to be honest it doesnt matter what set up i try i always go back to the s.a.t. ok its got no frying pan but it can be put on the fire and if tanks there theres always a fire

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I am mate yes but to be honest it doesnt matter what set up i try i always go back to the s.a.t. ok its got no frying pan but it can be put on the fire and if tanks there theres always a fire

Nice one, i'll bring my SAT along and show you the mod NLW did me to allow the use of frying pans on it.
Lee's sorting the fire this time round so bring a bit of wood mate. I'll throw in a few logs of my own

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Measure the stove, go down to Wilkinsons and buy a non stick flan baking pan of the right width, perfect for the job, cost you all of £2, works very well.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
turn the s.a.t upside put the burner on the pan supports and the frying pan on the bottom (top) of the windshield is one way ...........rjburg video on you tube

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
yes i could but it would mean going round trying to find one the right size ...
You mean you don't automatically take a tape measure to the supermarket? (for measuring up tins etc for the latest project)
emoticon-00105-wink.gif

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
no mate i dont surprisingly enough......:eek: one other thing ive thought about is if i buy a non stick frying pan it wouldnt have the brackets on to put the strap through so ill carry on experimenting for a while

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE