Swiss Army Volcano Question

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
Barnsley (in Gods Own County)
I used Greenheat Gel, I've never used it before and seem to be getting very short burn times with it, about 10mins max, whereas the pack says it should got for 15 - 20mins. However, it was long enough to make a brew. Not sure I would be able to cook up noodels / pasta though. I might try some hexi next.

Of course, it could all be down to poor technique...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Spikey da Pikey did a really good thread on using a tea ball filled with cotton wool balls that he'd soaked in meths. Boiled water no bother :D

cheers,
Toddy

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Make a pop can stove and place that in the bottom of the Volcano. Place the bottle in the volcano on the little 'rest' until the pop can stove is up to temperature and then gently pop the bottle, which will be warm by then, on top of the stove. I found that his is a very efficient way of using meths and boils 0.5 litres of water in about 15 mins.

I also found that by putting a cold bottle on top of the pop can stove it drew too much heat out and caused the stove to go out, that's why I advocate warming the bottle over the flame first.

Martin

keith alan

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 4, 2011
midlands
I wish I new where i could buy one from now as I had one about 20 years ago bought from a shop in settle in Derbyshire ,it saved me and my children from possible frost bite on a very cold hill top under a tarp in howling wind and rain but when i got it going with the jelly container our spirits were lifted.

I stupidly got rid of it because the jelly container that fitted in side was replaced with a larger size ,looking at it now i think it is better than the swiss army volcano stove that is available now . can anybody help in obtaining one .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE