Swiss army knife upgrade ideas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Stuart thanks for your thoughts. I'd would love to see a picture of the changes you've made for some inspiration.

Here you go mate, the only change I've made so far is to alter the small blade to a wharncliff style to make it better for doing fine detail when woodcarving (it's a great little kohlrosing knife) and for fiddly/delicate jobs in general.

f0rtdh.jpg
[/IMG]

Cheers,

Stuart.

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
For bushcrafting I like to square off the underside of the can opener to use as a firesteel scraper. I don't do this on any SAK that has a woodsaw, because I just use the saw spine as a striker.

Dave

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
For bushcrafting I like to square off the underside of the can opener to use as a firesteel scraper. I don't do this on any SAK that has a woodsaw, because I just use the saw spine as a striker.

Dave

This is one of the advantages of the alox models with the awl/reamer that deploys out the end and has a chisel grind on it.

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I have to admit there's a knack to holding the saw itself, rather than the knife handle, in a sort of strangled hold.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE