sweetheart kuksa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Robin and I made this at a British Blades bushcrafty do last weekend. Just oiled it up and I'm rather pleased with it :D
IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

and it fits nicely in the hand too
IMG_0606.jpg

I'd like to make these to sell, but took rather a lot of time even though we're both quite fast carvers. Next step is to try with Robin turning the bowl and I'll carve the handle - that should speed it up!
Nicola

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I saw it at the meet Nicola, and was very impressed with you and Robins skills,if Ollie wants some ferrets he can have first pick.
and I was very impressed by your skills and Maxine's cooking :D Ollie would love a ferret and you are very kind to offer but I don't think he has the patience to keep on putting the time in and I have too much other livestock to take them on myself.

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
What tools did you use to make it..?
Axe and knife for the outside, hook knives for the inside. We both found it was easiest to use both a right handed and a left handed hook to work all the way around. With a spoon I'd normally only use a right hander and just turn the spoon, but with the kuksa it's more fiddly and the leftie definitely got to places the other couldn't!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE