Swedish mess kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Landed a new mess kit don't have it just yet these are the pics he sent me. It's a Swedish set and not a trangia but a svea alcohol stove. Hoping to have it sometime by next weekend. This will be my first venture into the world of alcohol stoves to

Anyone know how old it might be? Soon as I get it I'll post better pics. He said the tins are brand new he used the stove once

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
Great! Now make a pouch for it, here's mine:

swedish_army_mess_kit_bag.jpg

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
I assume by now you have received the stove? I have 2 of these just like that, looking at the second pictures I'd say thats definitely one of the better quality made ones, I'm guessing but looks like an "NC 6*" maybe from the sixties early seventies looks in brilliant nick looks like you have landed a good un, is the origional kuksa with it ?

Alan

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Ah yes I did alan I forgot to post pics errr unless I made another thread. Sadly that's the only thing that didn't come with it. I'm extremely impressed with it. Cooked a couple things with it even did a bit of baking with it to is a fantastic bit of kit.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I was once told that there once was a stainless steel version of these, does anybody know if this is true?

Very shiny new pots, get em nice and mucky and post some pics of your meals. :)

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Thanks Tony. Kuksa not a biggie I'll just carve one :) was looking at them from bensbackwoods to. Might be a future why not buy

Not a problem i would carve one myself if i could haha

bikebum,

There are stainless versions of these but they can be hard to find, try e-bay

Tonyuk

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
Hey guys, just had a thought, has anybody got a 3D printer? See where this is going, I've got genuine issue original Kuksa, could produce exact proper copies, I bet they'd be like gold dust wish I knew somebody who has one....?

I was once told that there once was a stainless steel version of these, does anybody know if this is true?

Very shiny new pots, get em nice and mucky and post some pics of your meals. :)

There certainly is - mine lives in one of the panniers of my motorbike. I scrubbed the green paint off mine so they are shiny, shiny shiny. It's a great, versatile little cook set - boil, braise, stew, fry, bake (dutch oven stylee) - just a bit too heavy to lug around on Shank's pony.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE