Swedish M39 rucksack any good

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I like the retro look of the Swedish M39 rucksack, I have seen it up close at my last Sussex meet, they are about 40 litre capacity.
Question are they any good, with the metal frame is it comfortable, if so Military Mart has some that look unused at a nice price, I have used them before without any hassle and they deliver quick.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
I own one such pack and it takes some getting used to.
However, these are not made for big men with broad or long backs.
I'm 1,71 meters with a 40 inch chest and the frame fits me....just.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for that Ron, I did know you had one as you mentioned it on one of your posts.
It looks like I am too big for it so will give it a miss.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Well thank you Simon mate.
It was your's that I saw at our last camp, nice looking, very retro.
I could just try it out whilst out on one of out tracking sessions. or fungi forages.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Ah my one is the Norwegian one from the fifties, the Swedish one is similar but without lid pocket and side pockets, it just has axe/pole straps on the sides. I've got both and they are both empty atm so you can have a go with both. Take them for a month and give them back at the next meet if it helps.This is the Swedish one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Backpacks-Swedish-Army-M39-Rucksack-Vintage-RARE-/330619211420Here's the Norgie one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Norwegian...71467&po=&ps=63&clkid=6345662728776577008Hope the links work, my browser is very old!

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I like the Norgie one mate thanks, you are the same build as me, apart from my very good looks, so I think I'll try that one out for the next meet mate, thanks.

Your mate (something ears was it.) ha ha.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I found the same problem that Ronw mentions. I had my knife on my belt & the frame rubbed against it making a hole in my swannie.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE