Swedish LK70 bergans, any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stoviecraig

Oct 11, 2011
scotland
Hi there,

Been looking at these packs and just wondered if anyone had one and could provide some feedback. Also what kind of condition they arrived in, esp the canvas one. They look pretty robust and not too uncomfortable.

cheers
craig

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
They are good, solid pieces of kit. Reasonably adjustable and the frame is comfortable. I used one on the Dales Way last week and it was great.The pack is massive ( I took too much with me if I'm honest!). For the money - about £25 I would give it a go. I've also played around with just using the frame of mine and attaching 3 drysacks - this also worked well and saved a kilo or so - the bag is solid! Other views here ... http://survivall.blogspot.com/2013/02/lk70-swedish-army-rucksack.html

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
I love mine bombproof, carry loads of gear, well balanced on your back, nice looking too. I have the canvas version and it is a great piece of kit, others on here have the
cordura version and they look good as well. I got mine for £22.50 + postage from militarymart, the cordura version is a couple of quid dearer. It came in good condition, I gave it a quick wash in the washing machine (it is easy to remove from the frame) gave the straps a rub over with neatsfoot oil and I was good to go. There is a thread on here as well about them. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57838

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I love mine, I've had it since the group buy Bumblebee did years ago.
I replaced the straps with MOLLE ones off eBay.

I've just looked back, that was in August 2005 :eek:

Last edited:

stoviecraig

Oct 11, 2011
scotland
Thanks guys. Next question, canvas or cordura? Like old canvas packs personally but which ones are in the best nick in your experience as the MM photos only show the modern one.
Ta!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE