Swedish LK35 rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swede

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2006
Sweden Roslagen
Just wondering if you have seen the different versions of the rucksacks? When I was in the service I had a very simple version of the LK35. The fabric was thin so we all put in a plastic bag to make it waterproof. I´ve seen version with the straps on the lid in a different color. Another version is with a coating only on the inside of the lid. The latest version is made in cordura and had a coating inside (all over). The version of the 70LK I´ve got is made in Norway by "Bergans" in the year 1987. The early models had the straps (placed over the side pockets) in leather. The straps was used to secure tools or skis. My version has straps i syntetics but the pair of straps on top and the ones securing the lid and waistbelt is in leather. The small one was used by the ordinary infantry man & the bigger was used by the rangers (marines, paras etc). The LK35 carry what you need in at least 24 h. The rangers needed a bigger rucksack for a longer time in the woods. The manuals written by the army says that it is possible to carry equipment between the frame and the sack of the 35LK (not recommended doing this with the 70LK). By slacking the straps connecting the pack to the frame makes this possible. I´ve seen pics of a 35LK packed with a PRC-77 (the radio used by the US in the Vietnam war), 2 extra sets of batterys, extra underwear, warm sweater, warm coat, rations for 2-3 days, stove (complete), thermos, 1.5 liters of water, one-man-tent (basha), saw, shovel, sleepingmattres, some tools (nails etc) & sleeping bag on top. The radio was between the frame and the pack standing on the small shelf. I can imagine it was quite heavy... /Swede :cool:

Swede

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2006
Sweden Roslagen
Is it expensive for you to order from Sweden or even possible? I suppose that you know about the dealers who sell the 70 L, K in Sweden. If you want translation into english from the swedish retailers homepage just ask. /Swede :cool:

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i have a LK70.
i'm planning to remove the side pockets (which i think are too small) and fit PLCE pockets instead.
i also fancy a set of ALICE upgrade shoulder straps to make things a little more comfortable.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
That's the company I bought the stuff for my group buys. They are a bit slow sometimes but friendly and helpful. The biggest problem with them is that they don't take credit cards so you have to make an international bank transfer which costs ~18GBP per order! Hence the group buys I made.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Just a heads up for you all, the LK35 is on sale at Surplus and Adventure for a fiver! Ridiculously cheap price, I don't expect them to last that long that cheaply! Phone before you order to save embarressment/dissapointment. Mick Miller, you may be interested as it is the frame from the LK35 that I was using at the Moot to carry wood with.

I've been trying to find somewhere that will ship them to Australia. But the one place I found that would, wanted more than the price of the bag for postage! Guess I'll keep an eye out on ebay.

I have been trying to find one here in the states for years. I have also been trying to find an online dealer that would ship one to be for a reasonable price.

Any help with translation and what it would cost in US$ would be appreciated.

If anyone could help me find a way to order a few of the lk70 packs I would sincerely appreciate it.

It would need to ship to the United States. The state would be Maine. How could I order two? What would it cost me in US$$$$?

What would be the shipping?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to all!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE