Swedish gear, made for mud

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Praise for Swedish issue gear.

Now I am a designer camo fan, I know lots of shaking heads of 'poor townie lookin' fur adventure' etc, or of course the 'sad old git wannabe'. Yep freely confess to all of it.:lmao:

I have been looking at Swedish M90 for some time I like the colours and the details on the real stuff are remarkable as opposed to the American copies. Up until now I have tended to go for German Issue Flecktarn and OG but the Swedish stuff puts it in the shade.

Trousers.
First thing I noticed is that they have an gaiter sewn into the leg and an incorparated ankle zip which stops the trousers bagging over the boot. The trouser has a simple pop stud arrangemet that holds the trouser down on the boot. It's a simple thing but it makes for ease of putting on and when you are walking through mud you dont brush your trouser bottom with your muddy boot. A small thing, but simple and effective. The trousers are cut for a bent leg action so they are not baggy, but easily incorporate movement. The thigh pockets are not like sacks, so you are not tempted to over fill them and then get leg abrasion as you walk, joy of joy they are zipped as well. The zips are all very heavy plastic and designed for use and abuse.

The hip pockets are cut like real tousers so you can slide you hand in and are fitted with a flap with pop stud.

All I can say is they guy who designed this stuff expected to get wet and muddy, now aint that neat!

M90 Jacket.

Again the design detail shows through. The jacket body is linned with an og light weight cotton. Allowing the jacket to trap air between the two layers in the body area. The arms have the same cut pattern as the leg, so the jacket is designed to bend at the elbow without bulking are compressing the elbow joint. It has an internal drawstring to to pull it to the waist as well as a bottom drawstring to hold it down over the hips. Again it uses those lovely big zips that you can find with your gloves on. Mine has an issue BCUK badge, wonder how that got on it :rolleyes:

M90 MPV/Goretex Jacket.

What can I say, the detail is amazing. I showed this to someone who was involved with product design and his quote was 'about £200-300 worth of climbing spec jacket'.
Says it all, hood with foldaway peak and a popers to add a cold weather fur trim.
Under arm zips to vent the armpits, massive external pockets and even larger internal ones.
The jacket has an internal linning and draw string plus an elasticated internal skirt to stop the wind, all of the jacket from internal zip down is pocket.

What can I say except one happy customer, with high spec gear at a knock down price.

Basically the Swedes have taken the best mountainering gear and survival gear they can find, made it more rugged and copied it for their troops. When are our guys going to do this for our forces (Mr Brown are you listening take a lesson from a country that cares!).

Sandsnakes

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Photos not included in previous posting.

Showing details of gaiter and boot catch, gaiter appers to be some form of cordura.
Leg cut and shape.
M90 jacket and linning, notice waist and bottom drawstrings
MPV/Goretex Jacket. The og internal panel on left hand side of the image isone big pocket. Big enough to put an entire roast chicken in. You can get the potatoes, cabbage and carrots and bottle of wine in the pocket in the other side.

Attachments

• Splinter showing gaiter and boot lace catch. (Small).JPG
    Splinter showing gaiter and boot lace catch. (Small).JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 416
  • Splinter trouser pockets (Small).JPG
    Splinter trouser pockets (Small).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 398
  • Splinter jacket showing linning and BCUK badge (Small).JPG
    Splinter jacket showing linning and BCUK badge (Small).JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 416
  • Splinter goretex arm zip vent (Small).JPG
    Splinter goretex arm zip vent (Small).JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 407

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Steve,

Got them from ebay and a place called Peelys Combats. With the Goretx/MPV I just shelled out the cash and got brand new. Still its dam good kit for about £70 for the jacket. Beware of US copies of the trousers made in splinter to the US BDU pattern. Its not the same material and this stuff is heavier weight and is designed for a colder climate.

As for OG not sure, get one of our Swedish pals to translate for you.

Links to Sweden- I have had good service from Tacupgear.

http://www.billingedalen.se/
http://www.militart.se/category.html?category_id=13
http://www.camobutiken.se/produkter/m/90-uniformen/
http://www.tacupgear.com/
http://www.tacgear.de/endex.php
As mentioned, tac gear makes a smock in m90-camoflauge. And I've heard good things about it.

UK Links

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/PEELYSCOMBATS-SHOP__W0QQ_armrsZ1

https://www.btowstore.com/epages/BT2...791/Categories

Gill, Canadian kit,
have you got any links, is it still available?

Sandsnakes

Sandsnakes

Look great. Where did you get them? How much are the jackets and are they available in olive green?

Cheers,
Steve.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
over to you then, our Swedish friends! Can you get an olive green M90 gore-tex Swedish Military jacket? Where? How much? Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
There is no M90 goretex jacket, or there is a jacket in M90 camoflauge made in some kind of membran fabric. But I don't know how official issue it is. Some parts of the SDF used a M90 patterned Taiga Forest set, that one is available in green/black. The guys at www.coldskills.com have the M90 gore-tex things, they claim it to be the real deal, I don't know, I had the field uniform sandsnakes posted.

The original field uniform is available in OG as an aftermarket product which some minor differences. I wouldn't use it for a few reasons. First of all I would feel like a dork, I don't wanna be associated with people overly interested in the army,or the SDF. Secondly I don't like the fabric, it takes too long time to dry, and is hard to impregnate. Third, the aftermarket versions, which are, as mentioned, available in both OG and black all have strange extra pcokets, making them somewhat cluttered, ruining the nice simplicity of the M90 pants. If somebody copied the M90 pants straight of the original pattern, made them in some olive polycotton (like fjällrävens G1000) I would probably buy them. But as it is now., no thanks. Some of the details are brilliant though.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm having similar feelings about crye multicam at the moment, the trousers look cool and the jacket looks even better. Couldn't be worn at the same time though of course.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
I know what you mean, if I wear a bright flourescent orange or yellow walking jacket I feel like a total loon.:rolleyes:

Never having been in the military it does not have the same significance for me. In a UK setting it is wildy differant, to the extent the little boy (17 yrs old) a few doors down asked me 'kin I axe yew, where you gut da ravin' jacket mon. Its da koolest bad ting'. I reached for a local translator who said 'He admires your jacket sir and wishes to aquire one for a social event he desires to attend sir'.

So 'cool, ravin', bad ting', at my delicate years street cred!:lmao:

I suppose the same can be said from a certain perspective about the Jack Pyke stuff as well, in the end it all boils down to what you fell comfortable in. To me its no odder than strolling through town in bike leathers.

What I can say, beyond it being camo and 'kool' to the kids in the street, I have high spec tough kit for about a third of the price if I was buying cragghoppers, paramo, E-vent and host of other stuff. I have a BCUK ventile and its so easy and comfortable to wear that it gets put over the top of my suit to keep it dry when I am in the city. The camo stuff I dont mind trashing. The ventile costs more than all the Swedish stuff put together. So well made, well priced, easy to replace and comfortable., need I say more.

Sandsnakes:)

marten.w

Oct 30, 2010
Sweden
If you are a big fan of the Swedish M90 uniforms, go to this website: http://www.coldskills.com/webbshop_csc/#Beklädnad Taiga is a Swedish manufacturer making all the uniforms for the Swedish Armed Forces. ENJOY!!!
Photos not included in previous posting.

Showing details of gaiter and boot catch, gaiter appers to be some form of cordura.
Leg cut and shape.
M90 jacket and linning, notice waist and bottom drawstrings
MPV/Goretex Jacket. The og internal panel on left hand side of the image isone big pocket. Big enough to put an entire roast chicken in. You can get the potatoes, cabbage and carrots and bottle of wine in the pocket in the other side.

marten.w

Oct 30, 2010
Sweden
Hello Mally, this a Swedish friend. All army issued clothes are made by a Swedish comapny called TAIGA SWEDEN. Here is a link for you: http://www.coldskills.com/webbshop_csc/#Beklädnad
Then press: Fältjacka CPA 08 068H

I hope this is of any help for you.

Ps. All the other companies are selling copies and not the same quality. This is the real thing and you can see it on the prices.
over to you then, our Swedish friends! Can you get an olive green M90 gore-tex Swedish Military jacket? Where? How much? Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve.

marten.w

Oct 30, 2010
Sweden
Jag är officer i Karlsborg på FJS. Det är Taiga som gör våra M90-uniformer i Gore-Tex, så du kan med gott samvete rekommendera dem.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE