Swedish Army Trangia's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Anyone know the best fuel for these? I saw some Coleman fuel for £5 :eek: but figured meths is much cheaper but is there any advantage/disadvantage with different fuels?

Matt.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I use meths in mine as it's as cheap as chips and works well. The only drawback is the virtually invisible flame during daylight hours usage however this is easily tested with a piece of dry grass. Coleman fuel whilst excellent is hellish expensive and I have personally not had any experience with it apart from when used in pressure pump stoves i.e. MSR Dragonfly or Sportster. I should imagine it burns pretty hot but will blacken your pans quickly with a huge yellow flame :p

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
matt-w said:
Anyone know the best fuel for these? I saw some Coleman fuel for £5 :eek: but figured meths is much cheaper but is there any advantage/disadvantage with different fuels?

Matt.
Wouldn't suggest using Coleman fuel because of expense. Have always used Methylated Spirits in my "normal Trangia" without mishap, can't see why denatured alcohol couldn't be used though, could probably get this cheaper than meths if you bought it in bulk.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
AFAIK Coleman fuel is a cleaner version of petrol for use in pressure stoves. Methylated Sprits (or Denatured Alcohol, IDA) is the only fuel that should be used in a Trangia. I think Coleman fuel might well be dangerous.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
matt-w said:

Matt.

DO NOT USE COLEMAN FUEL in any type of Trangia
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Very dangerous, as this type of fuel will ignite way too easily, its just an accident waiting to happen. Please just use meths mate.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I have now recieved the Trangia's and have checked them all over to make sure everything is ok (washers in the burner etc.) I have had to return one as there was a part of the folding stand missing from the windshield and one of the burner lids was a bit of a dodgy fit so I have taken all the bits I wasn't happy with and turned them into a Frankenstein stove :D for return. I should receive the replacement today and will begin packaging over the weekend to hopefully send them all out next week - this could be staggered but it is my intention for everyone to be in receipt of theirs by the end of next week :) .

I am now happy to receive payment so if you can also start PM'ing your addresses to me I will begin packing up ready for dispatch :) . I will amend the list to indicate payments I have received as they come in.

Regards

Dave

Reactions: bent-stick

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
I, unfortunately, came to this thread late. IF someone backs out, or you have an extra, and be up for a trade from the states, let me know. I've an M65 field jacket, brand new, I want to unload, and wanted to trade with you, but, missed out on it! So, any extras, and youre interested, let me know.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Thanks to everyone for such prompt payment. I have received the replacement for the incomplete set and now all is well. I will begin sending out on Monday and hope to have them all sent by Wednesday (gonna raid the supermarket this weekend for some boxes to pack em in :D )

Regards

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE