Swedish army trangia owners...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Jericho, i used a white box stove instead of the issue trangia burner inside the windshield and ive had the same problem as you say you've had with burning wood in it,eg the metal of the windshield has now gone very soft and easily knocked out of shape, i assume the extra heat this type of stove/woodburning has softened the ally perminently.

May 17, 2010
Southampton
And can we stop calling them army Trangia's? Its an insult to real Trangia's.

Egad, Sir!!!

Such is the talk of an unpricipled bounder, deserving of a sound thrashing with a bundle of wet tarp-lines!!!!

If it says Trangia on the base of the burner (like wot mine does) then Trangia it is!!!!

Hah!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
And can we stop calling them army Trangia's? Its an insult to real Trangia's.

Egad, Sir!!!

Such is the talk of an unpricipled bounder, deserving of a sound thrashing with a bundle of wet tarp-lines!!!!

If it says Trangia on the base of the burner (like wot mine does) then Trangia it is!!!!

Hah!

At best Trangial made but a small percentage of the burners, never the awful pots and stand so no, they never were and never will be Trangia sets. My Austin Mini has Lucas made lights but I don't call the car a Lucas Mini.

People refering to these awful sets as Trangia cast a slur on my beloved Trangia 25' and 27's, these people are an absolute shower, bad eggs the lot of them.

Jericho

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2010
N.Wales
Jericho, i used a white box stove instead of the issue trangia burner inside the windshield and ive had the same problem as you say you've had with burning wood in it,eg the metal of the windshield has now gone very soft and easily knocked out of shape, i assume the extra heat this type of stove/woodburning has softened the ally perminently.

I've still got the windshield laying around somewhere, so i'll try that idea of sticking it in the oven, then cold water, that was mentioned.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Hoovers are not all manufactured by Hoover Ltd but we all know them by that name so Army Trangia or just plain trangia works for me. I know stoves and the like are your "thing" Rich but please let's try not to be too anal about the name as us, lesser mortals are happy with our limited background simple knowledge.

Gotte

Nomad
Oct 9, 2010
Here and there
Going back to the windshield with wood - The more I've thought about it, the more surprised I am that this happens. I would have thought that if it was alu, it could withstand the heat, as the same doesn't happen with, say, a billy can in a fire, or even the kelly kettles or the swiss army volcano kettle, which are both alu. If anything, I imagine they are thinner than the Swedish army meths burner (not Trangia. No, sir).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE