Swedish Army fitted Wool Coat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
What's general built and cut like? I'm a heavy built dude.. so I'm hesitant to buy 'fitted' anything lol!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yes its fitted. But that just means its not big and loose and baggy. If youre a 42" chest size, it should fit you fine.
Difficult for me to say whether it will fit you.

If youre a chubber, it wont fit you as well, as if you were a racing snake, but if youre in' between, or average, it should be fine. Hope that makes sense

Im definitely getting another one. The thickness of the wool etc, would cost you a lot more than this these days.

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I'm a 44" chest and always seem to have an issue with arm movement. I'd love to see a clear picture of what it looks like on.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
It has added gussets under the armpits, presumably for swinging axes and the like. You can see it in the photos.

The actual size of the one I got according to the chart on the ebay link, is 104.

Last edited:

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm just packing my one of these for my first BUK local meet up!!

.... they are really warm but the are very fitted, I assume because they are meant to be worn with belt kit over the top.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
This jackets are for slim people.
There were little chubbies in the army in those days...:rolleyes:
Modern man is slightly differently build than 60 years ago.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yes, these jackets are a better fit on slimmish people as Ronw says.

Great value very heavy quality wool, weighs 1.4kg!

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
BUMP!

Great for winter. Basically a mackinaw cruiser jacket, which would cost a lot if it had a filson, pendleton, or woolrich label in it.

Trades also considered, or nearest offer.

$(KGrHqJ,!l!E65EDp-U,BO0pD9WeUQ~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
This is off topic but it got my back up. Its just another example of rip off britain.

The seller was happy for me to return this as it didnt fit, but after searching through the web, the average postal cost to return it is circa £30.

So I sent him an email and it costs him £4 to post it to the UK from Lithuania.

How the hell can it cost circa £30 to post something to lithuania, but only £4 to post from lithuania to the UK?

They just bend us over in this country.

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
This is off topic but it got my back up. Its just another example of rip off britain.

The seller was happy for me to return this as it didnt fit, but after searching through the web, the average postal cost to return it is circa £30.

So I sent him an email and it costs him £4 to post it to the UK from Lithuania.

How the hell can it cost circa £30 to post something to lithuania, but only £4 to post from lithuania to the UK?

They just bend us over in this country.

What a pain in the bottom?
Whats the actual pit to pit?

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
They are not all for slim folks!
i am a 46 chest and mine is great, just get the right size!!
They realy are thee very best value wool coat out there, as good as a vintage Filson, quality wise.

Chris.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
What a pain in the bottom?
Whats the actual pit to pit?

The actual pit to pit is 21.5"

I was after something looser and baggier. Its fitted, i.e. properly tailored, so quite flattering, as it makes you appear slim.

They are not all for slim folks!
i am a 46 chest and mine is great, just get the right size!!
They realy are thee very best value wool coat out there, as good as a vintage Filson, quality wise.
Chris.

Cheers Chris. Thats what I thought. They're like those timber cruisers the loggers in north america used to wear in the early 1900's. I'll be buying another bigger one as soon as I sell this.

they're a great bargain at this price.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well that was lucky, someone bought one that was too big for them! :)

Now traded.

Ive since learnt that apparently uniforms were all fitted, as there was a shortage of material back then, as there was a shortage of most things.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE