Sweaty hat !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I picked up a leather rouge bush hat from unbeaten tracks and have been very impressed with it . There is one problem i have encountered though and that is that when i start to sweat from my head it leaves a horrid sweat stain right at the front . This looks awfull . It does disapear when it dries out though . Has anyone else had this problem ? Any ideas on how i can prevent it from happening again?
I had to go a whole evening without it while it dried out ! :eek:
Cheers
Pumbaa

Swampy Matt

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 19, 2004
Midlands
This happens to my Rogue hat too. I Can't say that its a problem though, or that i've needed to remedy it. To me its a 'working' hat not a 'fashion' hat so its appearance doesn't matter.

Adding a sweatband to the inside should stop it happening. Replacing the outer hatband with a higher, ribbon-like one should disguise a sweaty 'tideline' (and gives you somewhere to store fox-claws or gator-teeth :D )

Matt

I've got a cheap leather hat that I bought at The Great Dorset Steam Fair Last year and it's got a very deep leather sweat band inside at the front and this seems to stop all sweat marks on the font of the hat, maybe you could fitt something like this inside yours if you have the room. If you decide to give it a try, give me a shout as I've probably got some leather that would do it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE