Swap leatherwork for knife, or cash

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
Hi,

I hope this is the right forum.

I've been very impressed by some threads of late showing the leatherwork produced on this board. I've had a go myself so I know how difficult it can be. I can produce stuff which works, but is not too pretty to look at.

Anyway, I've done a custom Opinel and a flint and striker, and I'd like a sheath for them. Nothing particularly fancy, but from a nice leather (I've been using old shoes and bits and pieces) with straight stitching, and perhaps a simple etched motif. I've got some drawings of what I want and even a couple of samples that I knocked up as a kind of proof of concept.

In return I'd be wiling to pay, of course. Either straight cash, or some px deal involving a knife that I no longer use. The knife is a Aito Puukko, a description of which can be found in Ragnars catalogue. Or there's a SOG folder. Or other bits and pieces that I've accumulated over time but realise I never use.

If anyone is interested please let me know. I'll send more details and you can decide if you're up for it.

Cheers,

Martin

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Rapidboy and Leon-1 are superb, Eric Methven is also breathtaking in his work to name but a few. Most people will need the knife to work from but someone here will do it justice I'm sure.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I reckon there are a number of more than capable people. I've seen Erics' work here on the forums, but not yet in the flesh. One day! I've seen Rapidboys' and topknots' work firsthand, I've seen two or three sheaths by Rapidboy and they are very good indeed. His leatherwork is so precise it begs belief! Topknots' toolwork and attention to detail again, is just amazing, I could be a bit biased as I own a sheath and pouch, but honestly, it really is that good. Tiffers does some fantastic work too, but then it is her job! :D Those are just a few I can remember, there are others who also create fantastic works of art with leather. Whoever you choose, you can't go wrong!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE