Svord pheasant are they any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Just type in svord in to the search box. Probably one of the most popular pen knives at the moment.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I like mine... its simple, no frills, it cuts, and folds... holds an edge well ... what more can be said.. :)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I'm very pleased with mine. As mm says they need a sharpen and bit of a sanding down on the scales to finish them off. They take a wicked edge and I like the simplicity of them.

You'd struggle to find a better folder for the same money.

021.jpg

Last edited:

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
It's all been said really. Cheap, simple, sharp and easy to sharpen. The plastic handles are very functional and they look good dressed in a floorboard.

a11349aa-2011-4cec-b425-ffc20c42cf96_zpsdfd893c6.jpg

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I found the blade well ground and sharp. That was the only good bit.
The pointy bit of the tang makes holes through your hips when you bend over and it has the aesthetics of a log with a pointy bit of steel in it.

dj77

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2010
South West, UK
I have the mini and would say its my goto knife for day to day chores. Its cheap enough to use and abuse and toughenough to take anything you can throw at it :)

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
You won't be disappointed if you're handy with tools, enjoy it and looking forward to seeing what you do with the tek lok and kydex.:rolleyes:

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
They are great for projects, but lack alot of fit and finish out the box. I've had 3 of them and the uneven grinds got worse with each new knife. No biggy if you don't mind, but for me it's an annoyance. I rectified the blades on a linisher and hold my big pink one very close! Great tool and loads of fun to tidy up!

I hear the minis have an even more random grind but I haven't got one myself.
Annnnddd! Regarding the tang poking bellies and stabbing pockets.. Well buy a belt sheath a cut a hole for the tang in the bottom and wear it tang down.. Or fit a little pocket clip to the handle.

I have a wee wip thread on a custom svord if you'd like to check it out, it's in my 'started threads'. Can't link ATM as I'm on an iPod.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
They are great for projects, but lack alot of fit and finish out the box. I've had 3 of them and the uneven grinds got worse with each new knife. No biggy if you don't mind, but for me it's an annoyance. I rectified the blades on a linisher and hold my big pink one very close! Great tool and loads of fun to tidy up!

I hear the minis have an even more random grind but I haven't got one myself.
Annnnddd! Regarding the tang poking bellies and stabbing pockets.. Well buy a belt sheath a cut a hole for the tang in the bottom and wear it tang down.. Or fit a little pocket clip to the handle.

I have a wee wip thread on a custom svord if you'd like to check it out, it's in my 'started threads'. Can't link ATM as I'm on an iPod.

This one Samon LINK was a good 'un.

GB

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
They aren't as well finished as a fifty quid knife, but they don't cost fifty quid either.
Decent steel used in the blades and as soon as you pick one up you start looking for odd bits of wood with nice grain to alter the handles with.

So far all I've done is shorten the blade slightly so its cutting edge is just under three inches. but as I'm a carpenter I have the choice of Wenge, Cherry, Purpleheart, Lignum Vitae, Oak, Ash and a few other woods I can't remember right now to choose from when I finally pull my finger out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE