svord peasant revamp.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i have decided to change those horrible plasic handle's on my svord peasant, i looked in the shed and foun a liitle bit of wood, i have not a clue what is is, and proceeded to make the scales for it, it has black liners, and what ever wood that is. this is what i came up with, i hope you like it.
i learnt a lot doing this, and really enjoyed it

003 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

004 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

005 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

007 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

006 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

008 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcom.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Looks good mate! Was just out using mine earlier and I'm still impressed with the quality of steel.

Should make yourself a nice sheath for it, then it'll be extra special!

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Nice work, very impressive.

I've got a couple of these on the way from HH. Rehandling may be a bit beyond my present skills though.

Claudiasboris

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Looks good mate! Was just out using mine earlier and I'm still impressed with the quality of steel.

Should make yourself a nice sheath for it, then it'll be extra special!
hi mate, thanks for the comments, when i bought this, it had a leather sheath with it, which is fine to be honest, a black pancake style one, what i'm comtemplating doing is maybe a wet moulded version for for me belt.

Raysan

Forager
Jun 7, 2011
EU
very nice mod mate!
way better than the original scales.
is the svord good for bushcraft?
i know a fixed blade is better but wich folder do you folks recommed for bushcraft?

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
I received two of these from Hennie's yesterday. I haven't had a chance to play with them yet (SWMBO came home unexpectedly) but I am very impressed with quality, especially for the price! Simple and basic, nice and sharp straight out of the packaging. I'll bet that they'll make a really good bushcraft knife.

Claudiasboris

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
very nice mod mate!
way better than the original scales.
is the svord good for bushcraft?
i know a fixed blade is better but wich folder do you folks recommed for bushcraft?
there are a few that i use for bushcraft bud, and this is one of the folders that i love to be honest as stated it is of a very simple desighn, which i love, its a great price, and the steel holds a great edge, i was not mad about the plastic scales that it came with, but they would be great if you used the knife for say prepping game, as you could just wipe it of.
this is a great little folder, and would recomend it.
hope that helps mate.
lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Very nice work there Lee, did you just draw around the old scales and then do it from that?
hi mate, that is what i done yes, i tryed to replicate the handle that came with this knife, and it is pretty spot on if you put the twp together, i left the screw pins in, as i'm going to make a set of macarta scales for it to, and some exotic wood scales also, so i can interchange them, i no a few people have made some scales for there's but they have made them permanent, wish is great, but lets say I'm taking the knife out for some game prepping then i can use the micarta one's or even go back to the plastic ones, and then for whittling and such i will go back to the wood one's, and the posh one's I'm making are purely for aesthetics, lol. i like the versatility of being able to change the scales for what ever i need, as most of you no i like to make things that are multi functional, and buy making 3 sets i can achieve this with this knife. i added some black fibre liners to aid with a bit more strength, and to keep what ever from the inside of the knife.
i hope this helps a bit.
take care bud.
lee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE