Svord Peasant Mod idea

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
I've been toying with modding my Peasant for a while now, swapping between changing the scales, and making it a fixed blade.

Whilst doodling a new handle design today, I wondered how it would look if I just reversed the existing scales?

It looks like this;

P5110003.jpg

It feels more comfortable in my hand with the heel of the handle being wider, although ideally the shoulder should be wider too, so I think I'll make some new scales with that in mind.

Has anyone else done this, and what do you all think about it?

Cheers, Magentus

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Go for it, they're fun knives to mod. Make several sets of different scales and see what you like best...

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yeah I tried that earlier actually, when oiling and shapeing the scales. I think it looks good but I feel I get a better grip when it's the original way round. The fat top end is a bit fat though, might file in a finger groove at a later date.

My advice to you if you haven't already is to add another brass pin in the back end to stop the scales sliding down the bolt, gives it a much sturdier feel. I cut 3 pins earlier to put in once the oil has soaked in good and proper.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
still looking at the fixed blade ckc option but i've also looked at scaling it down too - its a bit of a bulky bugger for edc

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
My advice to you if you haven't already is to add another brass pin in the back end to stop the scales sliding down the bolt, gives it a much sturdier feel. I cut 3 pins earlier to put in once the oil has soaked in good and proper.

Samon - do you have pictures? I'm interested in what you're up to with your new toy.

Cheers, Magentus

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk

But I take it this means you can no longer adjust the friction fit?

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
No pictures yet mate but maybe later!

If you measure the space between the scales once you have the desired lower bolt tension and make sure once the newly added pins keep that distance once added it'll be fine and feels 10 times stronger for it!

My scales are still hanging after last nights linseed bath but I will drill and fit the pins later and take pictures trying to show the mods!

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I can't think of a pin making it a lock knife as you'd have to take it apart when you wanted it closed..unless that's what you'd want. The knife as it is functions somewhat like a locker, specially when both bolts are done up tight..or you could fit an elastic ring or something like that to hold the back piece from coming out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE