Svord knives.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Jake, Hoodoo is the man for convex questions - personally I have dinked my own knife just to see if it was hard to repair and I found the GB icehockey puck worked a treat.

Repair is tempered to damage I would guess some damage is easily repaired some .......... :shock:

OK WHATS THIS SHARKIE SHARP THING THEN?

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Well, it all started a few months back....

Sargey recomended me a thing called a Starkie Sharp (thats right Bill, im not completely to blame) its from here , its a small piece of leather with a secret ingredient, the starkie honing paste. It will enable you to shaving sharpen up anything with an edge in moments, not only to razor finish but also to a high polish finish as well.

Its best to order a order form and send it by snail mail. Gary, this is the perfect companion to a convex edge, perfect for the up-keep of the profile.

BTW i just removed the dent with a DC4 diamond stone and the got it razor with a starkie. One thing is though, its so sharp i have now got a bald arm, and i swore to myself that i would never do that again, another few months wait until i have matching limbs.

GET YOURSELF ONE TODAY! :lmao:

Cheers,

Jake

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Oh, the dent wasnt too big, it looked like the edge had rolled, only took 15 minutes to grind it out.

Perhaps i'm somewhat of a convert now, now that i can repair edge damage.

Gary, i think i'll probably buy one of those knives when they arrive, they do look good, and you seem to like them!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Now I am going to have to get a sharkie sharp too - I have used a plain leather strop and that works well - but magic paste? Gotta try it!.

Does this thing have a name? There are lots of diamond stones ect - no magic paste? :eek:):

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
"Honing paste" doesnt quite give it the deserved effect as "magic paste". I can't believe that it isnt one of the most popular sharpeners around. ALL CONVEX BLADES SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY A STARKIE! (and for that matter its great for sharpening flat grinds to.)

Cheers,

Jake

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
They look like similiar descriptions but i cant remeber anything said on the box about DMT, only starkie. Postage was about a pound if i remember correctly so very cheap. You should go on the starkie site and perhaps order it by phone, you'll speak to Judy (i think), very friendly. I couldnt say that the two items are the same, perhaps they are, but for safety go for starkie.

Cheers,

Jake

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
Ive become a big fan of Convex grinds too! Really tough compared to a flat grind, needs sharpening much less often and as long as the edge isnt too thick just as capable for most cutting tasks.

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE