Svord blade length mod

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I am thinking of modifying a Svord Peasant knife blade to make it under 3" for S139 purposes. This has given me two questions:

How is the blade length measured? Is it along the curved edge of the blade? or the length of the blade from tip to end of cutting edge? or from tip to handle?

Does anyone have strong opinions on which end to shorten. I can either slice off a sliver from the tip end, making it a more broken back type affair. Or simply file 3mm off the cutting edge next to the handle. Any thoughts either way?

Julia

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I dropped the length from the tip as I detest deep choils!

Doesn't have to be a deep choil. Just flatten 3mm so it's obviously no longer an edge. You couldn't really even tell on my one it'd been done:
d4e17040-d43c-eba7.jpg

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Law says cutting edge, but doesn't say how it shall be measured. We can assume the belly would be measured as that's how the sword ban/law says to measure the blade. But there is no deffinate answer.

Regarding the blade on your svord, I'd recommend shortening the end a little. Its easily done and you can blend it all in nicely. I like choils on friction folders so I've gone for length and blade length to both be under 3".

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE