Sussex Group Meet for December: Christmas Dinner cooked on the Fire! Dec 17th/18th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm looking to be as least damaging to my tarp as possible, so might take an old canvas tent and make an addition for one end. Will also see if I can find an old or cheap sleeping bag to make an under blanket. Either way I'm going to need to fix my sewing machine. That will need to be Wednesday night job.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Under blankets are fairly straight forward to make. As Kepis said they are easily made from a ponch liner, the problem is the method described hangs too far below the hammock (creating a large "cold-air" space), also a single layer of poncho liner is'nt very thick - it needs to be doubled ideally.
I'll send you over instructions for how to make one, it'll only take you 30 minutes to do on a sewing machine.
N

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Your stove design means you could have most of it underneath the tarp with the flue outside anyway. Some of that silicone mat clothes pegged to the edge would protect it from the flue

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Great time we had fellas.
I was a bit cold in the night mind you as a couple of the dancing girls crept back to my basher.
They must have left the ends open and let the cold in as the left at 3 in the morning.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Is that what you call Neil and Simon now?

No, darling more like. :lmao:
Funny thing whilst reading this, the front door bell rings. (now this is the first front door as we have two to keep the riff raff out.)
plain clothes policeman with warrant card in hand, I'm thinking bugger what have I done now, was it the 130 I was doing on the A23, anyway after exchanging niceties it seems that one of our neighbours was robbed in the early hours of the morning and another had someone rifle there garden shed, did I hear anything.
Well after being at the Sussex meet I was a bit tired and slept for many hours and didn't apart from a car bonnet slamming at 4.30.
He wanted to look around my back garden for a RED handbag, so we have a look and a chat, find nothing exchange pleasantries and walk back into the side road, now this is where I have my cunning plan to play Sherlock Holmes, I look over my front wall and then pull out the RED bag along with a lot of credit cards that were on show. A bit of hand shaking, ( he wasn't a Freemason) and off he goes to return the RED handbag, to I hope will be a young lady very willing to give Hugo a big wet smacker on the cheek (not hoping too much) for finding it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE