Sussex Group Meet for December: Christmas Dinner cooked on the Fire! Dec 17th/18th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Cheers for the heads up. It's quite a drive over, so if you guys aren't likely to do the meal, I'll give it a miss. Sorry I can't join you, but tied up else where.

May be a turkey dinner in jan? Anyway Merry Christmas guys and have fun, wish I could join you.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Oh, that is weird as I was told the booking was confirmed. We ARE having a Christmas meal of some sort, as I have bought some of the bits, including a large Christmas Pudding with Brandy butter... I will be over there mid morning. Looking forward to seeing you all in the morning. I will source a smaller turkey on the way.

I have been away on my holiday, so apologise for being a bit quiet the last 2 weeks.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'll see you guys in the morning - I'll have all the usual kit - so a good cook-up should'nt be a problem (and I have a couple more lanterns!).
N

Be good to see you Neil and that nice big parachute as well.
Do you have the pegs to hold it down or are we looking for some hazel.

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
hey guys just confirming that i wont be able to make it. i did seriously consider walking, but with my non-kit pace it would take about 7 hours so with kit that would probably extend to 9 hours plus rain slows me down a bit which is likely so im looking at a walk that would have one or both ends in the dark along busy roads without pavements which is something i try to avoid.
see i considered it ;)
i will be along for the next one though, i've missed too many meets this year (way too many!).

hope you all have a good time :)

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Yeah we all survived! It was very cold though, frozen condensation inside my tent this morning but I was plenty warm enough in bed.Thanks to all for the use of kit, food, cookery and generally being a good laugh!See you all in January...

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Another brilliant Sussex Meet!
Thanks to Alan, Dave & Simon for great company & a great laugh. Thanks to - to Robin & Jack for looking in (Jack your bin is safely stored.
For those who did'nt make it - you missed missed the "al-fresco" xmas dinner! complete with turkey and all the trimmings, Xmas pud, brandy butter, custard & cream.
We did'nt have the snow we were hoping for - but this mornings frost on the forest was thick & white, and almost compensated!
I took a few pics (not many - the battery for the camera had to be warmed for an hour - to get two photos, before it needed warming again!). I try to put some pics up in the out & about forum.
Have a great xmas & new year guys.
N

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Glad you all had a good one. Really wish I could have joined you. My evening don't live up to expectations and was a little flat. Never mind, now looking forward to a jan meet. The next question is to hammock or not to hammock. Can I knock up an under blanket by the next meet? Maybe even adapt my tarp to take my stove?

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Can I knock up an under blanket by the next meet?

All i did to make my under blanket was to get a poncho liner from Endicots, then i sewed a 1 inch hem on each end through which i threaded some elasticated cord which has a small caribiner on each end, these then clip over the suspension tapes on my hammock below the drip ring so water cant get to it or me if it rains.

As Spandit says, takes about ten minutes to do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE