Sussex bushcraft group meets wish list

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

F7144

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2011
Kent
I will be on my honeymoon for this month's meet, Neil and myself are hoping to make the October one. We can talk about which activities people would like to do nearer the time. Some of the subjects would need to be run by Jon Jennings at Broadstone just to confirm he is happy for us to teach them there. Game prep, trapping, and shelter building for example.

Luke
Greencraft

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Sounds good Lee, my take on the shelter building is, after making and using them, dismantle them and disperse the pieces around a bit and tidy up.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
I can help with some of that list too, and I should have a new axe to play with by then. We've still got the hide Spandit bought to use for a leatherwork class as well.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have just seen this thread & it is great. We just need to stick them on a list & then pick a number to do at each meet then do them.

I can help with Forging, Traps, Tarpology & probably a few more things I can think of...

Work out how to hang the parachute properly?
We need a proper parachute first..... :rolleyes: ...... I'll get my coat. I am sure after we have a few more fires & hang it at a steeper pitch that some of the rain water will eventually roll down the outside of the chute.. Just kidding, though it was funny at the time.

TimD

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2011
Coulsdon
If anyone's interested I'm about to get my GNAS leadership course out of the way over the next couple of weekends and could run some archery sessions at Broadstone (target only I'm afraid and cost to be shared by participants) as they have a range at Broadstone that can be hired?

Tim

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Very kind offers to teach us your knowledge guys,Hope I can repay in kind some time.

1. Principles of spoon making - Jack, Swallow

2. Game prep - Jack, spandit, Swallow,Graywolf

3. Principles of traps - Jack, SimonH, spandit, Swallow,Graywolf

4. Tracking - Jack, Kep, Swallow,Graywolf

5. Axe use - Jack

6. Knot master class - jack, Swallow

7. Bushcrafting with no tools - Swallow
a. Making cutting edges with flint, stones, anything else (there's a book that claims to show how to make a wooden knife).
b. Cooking with no (manufactured/metal) Pot
c. Water purfication with no Pot (Art of nothing video cheats on this by using discarded bottles).
d. Building a shelter with no cutting tools (or the cutting tools from point a)

8. Different types of fire and how to use them and what wood to use (e.g. roasting/baking/night heating/forge etc). Swallow

9.Foraging-Graywolf

And the Archery sounds good

Just cant wait to get back under the stars

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Very kind offers to teach us your knowledge guys,Hope I can repay in kind some time.

1. Principles of spoon making - Jack, Swallow

2. Game prep - Jack, spandit, Swallow,Graywolf

3. Principles of traps - Jack, SimonH, spandit, Swallow,Graywolf

4. Tracking - Jack, Kep, Swallow,Graywolf

5. Axe use - Jack

6. Knot master class - jack, Swallow

7. Bushcrafting with no tools - Swallow
a. Making cutting edges with flint, stones, anything else (there's a book that claims to show how to make a wooden knife).
b. Cooking with no (manufactured/metal) Pot
c. Water purfication with no Pot (Art of nothing video cheats on this by using discarded bottles).
d. Building a shelter with no cutting tools (or the cutting tools from point a)

8. Different types of fire and how to use them and what wood to use (e.g. roasting/baking/night heating/forge etc). Swallow

9.Foraging-Graywolf

10.sawcraft - how to sharpen and maintain bowsaws.

11.trees - ID, characteristics and uses

And Archery,luv it

But really I cant wait to get back under the stars,which hopefully will be this months meet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE