Sussex Bushcraft group meet for JANUARY 2013: Weekend of 18th/20th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mark46w

Oct 3, 2012
Horsham. West Sussex.
As this will be my first meet, could you guys give me an idea of what to bring. Beer is obviously already packed, but is there a communal cook pot, do I bring my own? How much do I pay for a nights pitch?
Thanks. Mark.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
It's a fiver a night, somethimes the more cookery inclined among us do a communal meal which people chip in for - watch the new thread when it goes up for info. Sometimes we even decide on what we're going to do before hand too...

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
I went to last months as my first time and it was really friendly. You give your cash to who ever is collecting on the day so just bring your money as far as I am aware. Everyone brought beer so that is a good start :)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
We must sort out a date for the Feb meet. My internet is off at the moment & I only have sparodic access for the next week or so, so if someone could put up a thread that would be good. I am free all the weekends so far, so am easy

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I'll put a new thread up in a moment Dave, suggest going for the weekend of the 15 to 17th?

Leather Owl

Jan 7, 2013
Arundel, West Sussex
Hi Guys,

I recently stumbled across the Bushcraft UK Forum and was pleasantly surprised when I found and joined the Sussex bushcraft group. It is great to think that there are other crazy individuals like myself who get great pleasure form being in the wood and chopping up bits of stick with sharp metal objects like knives and axes. And then enjoy slowly marinating your skin and your clothes with wood smoke and then sleeping with this pungent aroma while strung between two trees in a flimsy piece of material called a hammock. It is nice to know that I am not the only crazy person around and even more comforting to know that they are quite prevalent in Sussex. I was even more please to find out that you all meet up once a month to share each others company and discuss and share you skills and knowledge. So as you can imagine it was very disheartening to find out that the date you had arranged for the January meet was a date I had committed my self to visiting the other half’s relatives. Very boring, but I had made a commitment to her indoors. No stringing up between trees or sharp metal objects but I have to say a few hours with her relatives and I could think of some good uses of rope and trees and a sharp object but best we don’t go there. Anyway, I had resided myself to the fact that I would have to miss the Jan meet and meet up with you guys on the next one. I see that already conversations are taking place for a meet in February and a couple of dates have been proposed. Following the threads it seems that the more favourable one that people are opting for is the earlier date of 16/ 17th Feb and not the later date (during half term) 0f 23rd/24th. It is sad to say that I have to work on the 16th (sods law) but have the Sat and Sun free the following week of the school half term. So as people are voting for their preference please can I vote for the 23rd/24th. If it does not pan out I hope to meet up with you guys real soon.

Also, thanks to some of you members who have replied offering the chance to meet up locally for a get together even if it is just for a bimble on the downs or local woods? Thanks for the offers and yes I would be very please to make acquaintances with you guys so please if you are venturing out please give me a shout especially if it is this weekend as I do not have to go and string up and prod with a sharp knife the other half’s relatives – shame!

hawkmaster

Jul 16, 2010
bexhill on sea. east sussex
Hi Kepis

Please could you tell me if your group allows new members, I am a complete novice but I am eager to learn. I have been collecting kit for some time now and really want to learn how to use it correctly.

If you allow new members could you give me dates and the address of where the next meet will be held.

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Tim ( hawkmaster )

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Don't shoulder Kepis with the blame - it's not his organisation!

You are more than welcome, there are directions at the start of this thread

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Hi Kepis

Please could you tell me if your group allows new members, I am a complete novice but I am eager to learn. I have been collecting kit for some time now and really want to learn how to use it correctly.

If you allow new members could you give me dates and the address of where the next meet will be held.

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Tim ( hawkmaster )

More the merrier Tim, hope you have a thick skin though as some of the alleged humour can be a bit on the "dodgy" side at times.

Just for clarification, it's not an organisation and certainly not mine, it's just a group of like minded people, who all live in the surrounding area, who enjoy being outdoors doing bushy things.

For the next meet up dates and location, see the first post in this thread, http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102889&highlight=

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
If your new then this is a great group to meet, nice bunch of guys and girls,

Looks like that was a nice stew had there

catch up with you guys soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE