Sussex Bushcraft group meet for APRIL: 21st/22nd at Broadstone Warren - FORGE Time!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Sausages are classy I'll have you know. Oh and there's no point hiding them, I don't need to look for them, I don't smell them out, they just talk to me. the hard part is working out which of the voices in my had they are. (Spandit over to you)

Apr 3, 2012
East Sussex
That's called bushcraft that is, well, that's what I call bushcraft. You'll be in good company mate, I don't have a clue about most things (in life) and that includes Bushcraft. I only go for the sausage. (Spandit, over to you)

Well i like to think that you guys are at least stumbling gracefully....cheers for the welcoming responses, Kit list for anyone interested and open for suggestions/opinions:
spork(essential)
mummy bag liner
thermarest prolite plus
ME dewline 300 down sleeping bag
dutch army poncho/tarp
dutch army hooped bivvy
swedish army trangia/austrian pans
+mora clipper and lots of other gubbins
all stuffed in a berghaus Munro

seems overkill i know but im a cold and bony runt...

as a side note,i'm guessing catapult target practice is going to be off limits at this site?
cheers again guys for the warm welcome, Lee

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Doesn't look like overkill to me - there's no point in being cold. Don't think anyone else has used a hooped bivi before - be interesting to see

People have brought catapults before - as long as you're careful it shouldn't be a problem. After all, we all come bristling with knives/axes etc.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Sounds like a good bit of kit there, but 2 essentials are missing

1. A chair

2. Sausages

But to be serious, and yes I can be serious, think, if it rains, do I have shelter. If I get wet can I get dry. If its cold can I get warm and sleep. This you can try out in the comfort of your own garden just to make sure.

Then comes the nice bits, can I get comfy round the fire, can I start a fire, can I cook food and eat it. Can I make a brew (or seven). Have I got something that I want to do.

Not sure that helps much, but you never know. Looking forward to seeing the old guard and some new faces.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Neumo collects the money....we trust that he actually gives it to Broadstone!

Naughty...! Yes all bills are paid at the end of each meet. I laid out £60 at the end of the last one to book the next 4 meets over the busiest part of the Summer, so will be recouping that over the next few meets... Mostly from Spandit :cool:

Apart from that all is looking good for the next meet. The list of campers is growing longer & it sounds like we are going to have several forges going if things turn out well.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi guys, been watching your threads for a while, trying to start a group up in Suffolk , but going very slow...

is the any chance of two of us coming down to see you for a weekend?

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Hi guys, been watching your threads for a while, trying to start a group up in Suffolk , but going very slow...

is the any chance of two of us coming down to see you for a weekend?

Yes please feel free to come down to the next meet or one of the next 3 after that if you want. Our meets are turning into a really good set of regular events, usually happening towards the end of each month. We now have a regular solid core of around 8+ good people, with most people being able to make it most of the time. That makes a huge difference and once you get that critical mass of 5+ 'come every month' people then you have a good thing going on.

We found it hard to get something going in Sussex as most campsites are not that Bushcraft friendly in practice. Nova & Pinky ran 5 or 6 events from early 2011 until they had to drop out, which happened at a number of different sites. I started to miss those meets so put up a thread saying asking if people wanted a meet & it all grew from there. All it takes is for someone to start one up and you have a game. They key thing is a site that is:
- close to several centres of population
- allows fires, people to walk round with bushcraft sharps etc...
- and is open all year

We have been blessed in finding Broadstone Warren, a big well established Scout Camp set in wonderful woods with everything we want for a site. If you want to know any more then please feel to send me a PM.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE