Sussex BC group Xmas meet 2015

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Had a wonderful Xmas dinner down in the Ashdown Forest in Sussex last weekend, with a bunch of fine people from the Sussex BC group. I never really think of taking pics when I'm out and about - or any other time for that matter - but on this occasion I did manage to take a few of my set up and just one of the dinner cooking; well, I was busy!

My little camp: a Wild Country Zephyros II with A BPL duo tarp over the top:

2015-12-19%20004.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The tiniest of cooking fires, with my fave Tatonka 1.6L kettle

2015-12-19%20002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've always been adventurous with my outdoor cooking :rolleyes:

2015-12-19%20006.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wash it down with a kuksa of wine and it seems to go down very well:

Sussex%20BC%202015%20Xmas%20meet%202015-12-18%20015.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then build up the fire a bit:

Sussex%20BC%202015%20Xmas%20meet%202015-12-18%20005.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

But Saturday night was the real deal, with the full Christmas dinner being cooked inside a dustbin and various dutch ovens. This was the only pic I got:

2015-12-19%20008.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Fab meal, fab time!

Last edited:

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Cheers Colin. Turkey was delish - as were the roast pots, roast parsnips, sweet potato, carrots, red onions, gravy, Xmas pud, brandy butter & custard! I think it was about 2 hours for the turkey, but I wasn't really paying attention to be honest!

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Was an excellent weekend with a great meal.

My bivvi site was about 50 yards or so down hill of yours, and has to be one of the more bonkers camps I've had this year:

XT1A1658_sm.JPG

J

Last edited:

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
You know it's warmer if you put the sleeping bag and mattress in the shelter. :) Great effort mate, that's quite hardcore bushcraft

You say that, but the shelter was too small, and as it happened, I was too warm. I was in my summer sleeping bag, and woke up sweating, with condensation inside the bivvi bag. Which is just mad. Last year at the same gathering I was too cold in my old snugpack SF2 bag.

J

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
It is crazy weather. Personally I've never had much luck sleeping in a bivvi. Always too hot and wake up soggy. I either sleep under or on top of rather than in.
You say that, but the shelter was too small, and as it happened, I was too warm. I was in my summer sleeping bag, and woke up sweating, with condensation inside the bivvi bag. Which is just mad. Last year at the same gathering I was too cold in my old snugpack SF2 bag.

J

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Another great Christmas Dinner cooked on a campfire, which was about the 6th or 7th we have done now. The Turkey always tastes better when it is cooked out doors. Thanks to all those that helped.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE