Survival Weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 23, 2007
Bristol
Hi there! Just registered on the site to ask about this topic specifically - been told you're a friendly and knowledgeable bunch so here goes!

Myself and a few friends are very interested in going on a little survival weekend over the summer - something different and new, and hopefully something we'll take a lot away from. The only problem is that we don't want a course - we just want (for lack of a better description) to do it ourselves, with permission for it on whoevers land it is. Whether there's a company or person that caters for this, well, that's where you guys come in. I hope you can help!

Thanks in advance..

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I seem to be posting the same reply in a few categories tonight,
Get yourselves along to the Summer Moot in South Wales. There'll be plenty going on and many folk willing to help you out if you need it and will leave you to your own devices if you dont.

ATB

Ogri the trog

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
where do you all live? do you have transport? What skills do you want to practice during this survial weekend?

A bushmoot wouldn't really be much of a survival weekend that you are looking for. Too many peoples food caches to go raid! LOL :p

May 23, 2007
Bristol
We all live in Worcestershire, and we all drive and have our own cars (4 of us) and wouldn't really travelling far for this (the road trip is sometimes the most enjoyable part!). We'd obviously want to practice shelter\fire making, hunting (we're all experienced in this and all have our own air rifles), and just general survival really - if we were put in that situation could we actually do it and get through to the end.

Cheers guys

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I'm sure there will be plenty of other people putting ideas forwardm

But personally if you really want to put yourselves through the test and dont mind the drive i'd go up to scotland because of the more open access rights, there are a few threads on really wild and beautiful places to go up there - i'd be tempted to leave a day or two after the trip to recoperate and clean up before the drive back down though. I'm planing on spending a week in Glen Affric myself next year doing a similar thing.
You will have problems on the hunting side pretty much anywhere you go unless you find somewhere offering it as some kind of package.

Another option is this place: http://www.bushcraftadventures.com/bushcamp.html bit more formalised campsite, but there have been a lot of good feedback about the site, and you could choose as to how much you'd have to survive.

skybandit

May 1, 2007
sussex, uk
Jonesy mate I asked a similar question recently, and the thread is here:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21044

a few good ideas in there, and we actually tried one of them. Since you want a long drive it should be fine for you. We weren't completely on our own and did see a few other people, but we were left entirely undisturbed for three days. Beautiful scenery, river close by, nice walking, plenty of wood, animals etc.

have fun wherever you go!

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
We all live in Worcestershire, and we all drive and have our own cars (4 of us) and wouldn't really travelling far for this (the road trip is sometimes the most enjoyable part!). We'd obviously want to practice shelter\fire making, hunting (we're all experienced in this and all have our own air rifles), and just general survival really - if we were put in that situation could we actually do it and get through to the end.

Cheers guys
Hi just a quick Q, your not thinking about taking your rifles are you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE