Sold Survival tin kit.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, I'm selling this Survival kit.

It's Content's are
2oz Tin with Signal Mirror paper stuck to inside of the Lid.
Brass Button NATO Compass.
SWISS Army Survival Card ''Knife.No kit just the knife.
BCB Perry Whistle.
BCB Wire-Saw.
LightmyFire Mini Ferro-Rod &Striker.
NATO Matches&Striker,Small fresnel lens,T lite Candle,cotton wool.1 Tampon.
Small Fishing Kit,3 Snare's & wire.
Pencil.
Hard Backed RazorBlade.
6 Safety Pin's.
OVER 18's ONLY Please
UK Buyer's Only
All Payments via PayPal.
£40 with postage.
This kit needs 1 Condom,and 10 Steri-Tabs,I've ordered them and they will be here 2moro,And I'll put them into this kit.
Cheers

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Any one ever used one of those in the UK/Europe for real?

John Fenna did an excellent weekend report on staying out with the clothes on his back and the contents of his tin earlier in the year. Worth digging out for a read.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

NarzaCyst

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2014
Cardiff
Lots of people slam these kits, bit I'm still building mine.

I'm much more comfortable knowing I having one and not needing it than not having one and need some of it.

Cliché I know but knowledge and some comfort cam go along way.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
I guess tampon and durex and useful aids in your towns and cities eh? Not much good in the forest I think if you come here.

The condom is for a water container, the tampon for ready made dry tinder (compacted so there is more of it). Remember the source of these ideas is more survival than bushcraft. i.e. for people who aren't so skilled as making/acquiring things in the wild.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I wouldn't say its for the Unskilled,more the well prepared and trained,Who know that its best to have these items when your out and about in the woods.I don't carrying it to the hairdresser's just when I'm in unfamiliar area's and the woods

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
If you ever need one of these in this country you've got things badly wrong and shouldn't be out and about without yer mama!

I believe there is a thread on here somewhere where one of our patrons was out walking his dog and heard six whistle blasts which lead to someone who had broken their leg. If our patron had not been out and about then I would have though the fire making aspect would come into play and if the tin had painkillers that would too.

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
John Fenna did an excellent weekend report on staying out with the clothes on his back and the contents of his tin earlier in the year. Worth digging out for a read.

Trying to find it with no luck! Got a link?

The condom is for a water container, the tampon for ready made dry tinder .........

Thank you Swallow bird. But the uk i noticed had much water and no deserts when I visited so I wondered where you might need to carry such little water as you can carry in one of those things.

As for the tampon thing then I think if you cannot find tinder in the woods and forests of your country how will you light one? Easier to pack and use a simple lighter. No problems then even if you've not found much dry stuff or cannot use flint/steel if you are not so skilled as making acquiring things in you own home land.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Can I remind folks that this is a sales thread. If we want to start discussing the merits of items and their cost can we take it to another new thread please. And cost comments should be done as PM's if you feel they should be made at all.
Fine to ask the seller direct questions about the item for sale but general discussion is for other places.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE