Survival shows

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I notice on the chat forums lots of excitement about the new series of Dual Survival season three. It got me to thinking that apart from Ray Mears' early shows, you never see these guys actually go into a situation with the stuff knowledgeable people constantly advise people to take with them. I can understand that with the plane crash scenario shows but for the most part the people who "know stuff" have probably got all the basics on their persons on them at all times when lost in the Bush. I would have thought it would be even more interesting to see what an expert could do with the right basics than to see what they could do with a bit of bent wire and a tin of cat food or some other arbitrary items that have been "found".

An thoughts?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The Dual Survival show is really just pure entertainment, bit of fun its not really educational. I just watched the 'African' episode and well, I've got to be polite so lets say it was silly daft IMHO

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
My favorite Dual Survival?

The Tierra del Fuego episode where Dave Canterbury cuts his arm open to demonstrate how to cauterize a wound with black powder from a musket!

And they say Bear Grills does some daft stuff :)

Back on topic, I'd love to see more of an instructional show on the TV. You can go on courses and there's lots on YouTube (some good, some VERY bad!) but a show which is consistent and authoritative would be a Godsend.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE