Survival Groups

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Lol.....that's more or less what I thought, hence I thought I'd ask you guys if you knew anythnig about them....

Bless them... :p

What's "teotwawki", out of interest?

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
It's a pity (haven't yet looked at the site but I believe you)!

Do you know of something equivalent but not necessirily preparing for WW3?

I would like to meet up with bushcraft style survivalists, in particular to go on trips with a group. I am afraid none of my friends would contemplate accompanying me, having a preconceived idea that it's "very hard and not enjoyable" and quite frightening :lol: .

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
the pic of the guy onna boat with the red ensign in the background looks familiar, i think he may be a member here ?

Tant

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hey Nomade, you coming to the Ashdown Meet up then? I can't imagine you'll be the only girly there :eek:):

"End of the world as we know it, interesting but not nesseseraly (can't spell that) a bad thing! :wink: I'm off.... :pack:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
nomade said:
Do you know of something equivalent but not necessirily preparing for WW3?

I would like to meet up with bushcraft style survivalists, in particular to go on trips with a group. I am afraid none of my friends would contemplate accompanying me, having a preconceived idea that it's "very hard and not enjoyable" and quite frightening :lol: .

There are quite a few members down your way nomade and I expect that there are some that feel just the same. As bambodoggy says, there's the Ashdown meet up next month and that's expected to be a regular event and it will be a great opportunity for you to meet up with the others.

Another option is to have a look at the member map to see who's about then contact them and ask if they're interested in getting together. I expect that there is a thread started by someone in your area about a get together, you could resurrect that and see if there is any interest.

For the most part the members get together first in a pub or some such and then plan an activity, it's a safe way of doing it and you can make a decision on continuing with it or not.

Next year we'll also have at least 2 bcuk meet ups which will be fantastic, and another opportunity for you to meet up with like minded people.(bushmoots!!) and there's the Gathering.

I think that 2005 will be a good year for people getting together :biggthump

CitizenSnips

Jan 16, 2011
UK, south west
I haven't had any contact with UK survivalist's but the ones I've seen on you-tube seem like respectable reasonable rational people, not fringe elements. who are more preparing for economic collapse, something close to home right now rather than far-fetched apocalyptic scenario's.

I have begun starting a prepare my self, I don't think a collapse inevitable but possible and this is kind of a home made insurance policy. possible, especially since china are propping up the dollar and how when the U.S treasury secretary said to china their U.S investment was safe, the whole room burst into laughter... the us being the world reserve currency...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE