Survivability for the Common Man - by Dave Canterbury

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi Folks

Here is my review of Dave Canterbury's Book "Survivability for the Common Man"

I have the waterproof version

[video=youtube;of-hyGn13pU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of-hyGn13pU[/video]

It's my first review and first YouTube Video, so please feel free to give me any constructive comments

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Speaking of which, have you seen all the who har on the survival forums now Dave C has "left" the Duel Survivor show? Apparently due to validity problems with his military record!

COME BACK BEAR< ALL IS FORGIVEN!! Lol!

garethw

Settler
Hin
Yes indeed there was a big to do, about him lying about his military history and experience.

While this might not be a 100% cosher thing to do, I kind of think as this is only a reality TV show and all of it is fake!!
What does it matter?

He was IMHO a very good host. The duo DC & Cody were very good and the programme very well done, even if I found itr too fast a pace, to fit their schedule.

I think the Discovery producers are wrong if they think by getting a more bone fide presenter they will give more credence to their show which is by its nature shot for TV, with crews, engineers, producers etc all tagging along.
To get all the shots and materioal necessary for a tightly edited show they need tight constraints.. repeat takes and B roll...
Nothing is ever a real life or death scenario... so what does it matter if one of the presenters is less qualified... if he does a good and credible job? Dave Canterbury in my eyes here was excellent.
Apparently a chap called Joseph Teti is replacing Canterbury for the Third season. Whatever his cred... will he have the same presence in front of the camera?

cheers
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE