3 day hunting quail

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
The title says it all , one thing I want to ask everyone , this is my first hunting video , I have been doing it all my life but this is the first time I have filmed it , spent 2.5 days on editing so if you could please tell me how you like it or for future videos what should I change , remove or add I would appreciate that very much !
Thanks !

[video=youtube;whtx00MKZlw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whtx00MKZlw[/video]

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Yes of course its very very delicious , we use N9 , 10 or 11 shots 28-32 grams depending on caliber and area
The shells cost 0.2$ for the cheapest turkish made rounds and 0.26$ for high quality italian made shells

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yeah, quail are relatively small and hunting them usually isn't especially economical (the costs of keeping the dogs fit and trained also have to be calcuklated in) That said, they taste better than any other game on Earth and are by far the most fun to hunt!

Last edited:

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Yeah, quail are relatively small and hunting them usually isn't especially economical (the costs of keeping the dogs fit and trained also have to be calcuklated in) That said, they taste better than any other game on Earth and are by far the most fun to hunt!

I dont have the dog only for quail hunting , we hunt woodcock , partridge and pheasants with him too !
Plus I dont spend nor have spent any money on training him or keeping him fit or any gear for him (modern beepers , collars etc.) plus I got him for free so only cost is just like any other regular dog , food.
As for fun , yeah it is very fun to hunt quail , very kind of active hunt when always ready to shoot:)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I dont have the dog only for quail hunting , we hunt woodcock , partridge and pheasants with him too !
Plus I dont spend nor have spent any money on training him or keeping him fit or any gear for him (modern beepers , collars etc.) plus I got him for free so only cost is just like any other regular dog , food....

Yeah; when I said "keeping him fit" I was referring to feeding and the ordinary veterinarian costs associated with any dog. The cost of training also includes the cost (in your own time) to train him from a puppy if you personally trained him. IME it takes a couple of years to turn a weaned puppy into a good bird dog although some dogs train quicker and easier than others.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE