Surplus and Outdoors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
This is just a note to recognise the service I have had on a number of occasions from Surplus and Outdoors.

I placed and order online yesterday at 14:06, it arrived today at 14:45!

I don’t see how it could be better.

The usual caveats apply – no connection etc

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
This is just a note to recognise the service I have had on a number of occasions from Surplus and Outdoors.

Not ordered anything online but as i live close-ish to the store (Kidderminster) i usually pop in. The service is great when i was after a cheap sas windproof smock and they even knocked a fiver off because of a rip on the sleeve. :D I will be going back as another store with a smimlar name has poor service, i was after a swedish cold weather bag and according to the website was in stock but when i got there, nothing !! 50 mile round trip for nothing. Didn't even have any meths !!

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
indeed, i've ordered from this store and "the other store with similar name" and found the same, the other store was very poor service (took 4 months to get all my order).

maybe someone could provide a url so people end up on the right website ?

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
indeed, i've ordered from this store and "the other store with similar name" and found the same, the other store was very poor service (took 4 months to get all my order).

maybe someone could provide a url so people end up on the right website ?

Not just me then ? I think that they take a web order even if the stock is out then when thay get a re-supply they fulfil the order then.

Good service etc. http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/

the other store. http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shopscr640.html

not connected etc, just my opinion having been to both stores.:D

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
Not just me then ? I think that they take a web order even if the stock is out then when thay get a re-supply they fulfil the order then.

Good service etc. http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/

the other store. http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shopscr640.html

not connected etc, just my opinion having been to both stores.:D

I think that's exactly what they do I'm currently waiting for a M-65 jacket from them. Have been for almost a month. If they don't get their fingers out soon I'll be cancelling the order.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Ordered a new pair of boots on Thursday at 10.50 am, they arrived at 11.50 am on Friday. Thats great service if you ask me.

Dave

Quarryman

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2009
Kernow

I'd just like to re-inforce this appraisal, placed order yesterday at 13.00, received order 10.30 today, superb!

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
I think that's exactly what they do I'm currently waiting for a M-65 jacket from them. Have been for almost a month. If they don't get their fingers out soon I'll be cancelling the order.

Canceling the order is the easy bit, just try getting your money back. I had to telephone three times a week and get fobbed off its on it way, I will do it now etc etc, after a couple of weeks of downright lies I sent them a letter threatening court action and punitive charges unless I was reimbursed within a week. That worked.

A very shabby set up. I felt sorry for the old guy on the phone at first.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Haven't used them, yet;) although I have used the other a couple of years ago and found them fine........

Always one to go with a recommendation, I was about to buy some rope elsewhere but will probably give them a go instead! - anyone got / used any of their 'Quality Muti Purpose Rope' ? I need some more ridgeline and don't much like the soft purlon tat you can get

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
The jacket did turn up from surplus and adventure, it took about 29 days though.

On the plus side they did send me a free handwarmer. which provided some entertainment.

If you ever have trouble getting money back from a company in that kind of situation speak to your credit card company and they can be very helpful.

JimmyT

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
Relocated to Sweden
Just to re-enforce the negative comments about the similarly named:
www.surplusandadventure.com
I ordered a poncho from them and they sent me a groundsheet.
They then insisted I trek out to the PO (rural here) and mail it back before they would fulfill my order, as it was their 'policy'.
After an armwrestle they had a courier pick it up, but then got arsy about sending my stuff so I cancelled the order. Had to phone several times and hassle to get the refund.
There are lots of online surplus stores out there - my advice would be to avoid these jokers.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
I ordered £150 worth of gear including a grade 1 NATO waterbottle.
When it arrived it's appalling condition was even worse that what could be classed as grade 2.

It was muddy, had old gaffer tape hanging off around it and worst of all the plastic tab that connects the screw lid to the bottle was completely broken in half. The date was 1982 so Falklands-era and it stank so much that not even 5 washes with soap and soda bicarbonate helped one bit.

When I emailed them they didn't replace the bottle but sent me a new screw top to replace the broken one with. I had to pry the broken one off with a screw driver unintentionally creating many scores in the plastic which spoiled the look but more importantly allows germs to harbour around the rim where your mouth goes. Not good.

I am not impressed with Surplus and Outdoors and won't be buying anything else from the cheeky ********.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
When it arrived it's appalling condition was even worse that what could be classed as grade 2.

It was muddy, had old gaffer tape hanging off around it and worst of all the plastic tab that connects the screw lid to the bottle was completely broken in half. The date was 1982 so Falklands-era and it stank so much that not even 5 washes with soap and soda bicarbonate helped one bit.

When I emailed them they didn't replace the bottle but sent me a new screw top to replace the broken one with. I had to pry the broken one off with a screw driver unintentionally creating many scores in the plastic which spoiled the look but more importantly allows germs to harbour around the rim where your mouth goes. Not good.

I am not impressed with Surplus and Outdoors and won't be buying anything else from the cheeky ********.

Do you mean Surplus and outdoors or surplus and adventure ? Can't complain about the service but then again i visit in person as it's not too far from me.

Don't swear please, it's a family forum.:D

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I think its pot luck with alot of online surplus stores sometimes you can get good stuff and sometimes crud stuff from the same store,recently most of my purchases have been of good quality and in good time when theyve arrived but ive had rubbish in the past, i tend to stick with one or two stores if i get good gear and sevice from them until they start to go pearshapped. the only thing wrong ive had from surplus and out doors is that years ago they sent me a dutch army web belt when i ordered a brit 44pattern.

Mar 19, 2009
Glasgow Scotland
The best online service I've ever got was from watchworx.co.uk ( 1-man outfit, always been great). I ordered at 16:30 on Fri and my item came thru the letterbox at 09:30 on Sat! He's in Liverpool and I'm in The Central Belt, so he must live next to a postbox

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Stephen,
It ain't Liverpool, It's Birkenhead.
icon12.gif

Crafty

Forager
Apr 7, 2009
...Location.... Location....

At least you can sell it on Ebay as memorabilia. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE