Surplus and Adventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
hello

i know other people have had problems with them, and there was mention of them before on here.

I ordered two items from them on the 2nd of July...

after giving me the total run around, and telling me that the items i had ordered would be in stock and dispatched with in seven days (this was two weeks ago) I've got off the phone to them to find that they havn't got them in stock and have no idea when they will be arriving... now this pi$$ed me off, as they had already debited my account.

i found the person on the phone, again, very unhelpful, and during the course of the conversation i became quite annoyed at their lack of helpfulness so have canceled the orderd.

now i have to hope that they actually give me back my money, i can see some other phone calls in the future...

just a warning to those who might want to use them.

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
I have never used "Surplus and Adventure" but I find how a company treats you is really important and I try to avoid companies that proved unhelpful in the past or worse....You often call them soon before a planned journey and you can do without the grief and additional stress...

I took a lot of nonsense from suppliers in general in the past, but not any more if I can help it!

Did you try another company? Good luck mate!

Nomade

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
I enquired by email on two seperate occasions last year about potential orders and had no response.

I gave up on them after that. I guess they must have been too busy to pursue orders.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I had no problems with an order a month or so ago. It seems they haven't learnt though, they were doing this before aswell. As for getting your money back, speak to your bank. I know that LloydsTSB has a section that recovers your money from companies, as I had a company take money even though my Direct Debit was cancelled. I think this was the banks cock up, but they got my cash back in no time.

j.roberts7

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2005
try www.factsurplus.co.uk
there very helpfull and the price you see realy is the price you pay inc p&p
plus handwriten thanks with the order fantastic service
i have used them thats you are having problems with before they sent me the wrong order and after a few calls ended up just keeping the one they sent
wont use them again

Jul 28, 2005
Surrey
I had a problem with them too. They amde a partial delviery and took full payment and woudn't respond to either emails (lots of them) or any calls. In the end I went back to the credit card comapany for a refund from them and they took the money back.....

I thought it was appalling service.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
If we let all know of bad service like this we can all boycott these suppliers.If they abuse our patronage dont use them.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Don't want to put a downer on it, but I never got my money back from Surplus and Adventure - ended up paying about £20 for some waterproof matches :(

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
This is why i now always purchase of the net with a credit card as it is a lot easier to get the money back if the store mess you around.

Thanks for the warning though as i was thinking of buying some replacement kit from them, guess i'll look elsewhere now.

Good luck on the recovery of your money.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE