Superstrong thread?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Hey all I just got a new phone after my last one died in the toilet and this time I want to attach a lanyard to it but am at a loss as to what thread is available that is both fine enough to thread through the ridiculously small hole on this phone yet strong enough for day to day use. I tried inner strands of paracord but found it to be slightly too weak!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Go down your local blind shop and they can supply a braided nylon string that's about 1mm diameter.

It'll be more than ample for your needs :)

If you haven't got one near you drop me a PM and I'll stick some in the post to you :cool:

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Would this stuff be suitable, or too thin/weak?
Mesquite will this 'braided nylon string' be fine enough to pass through the phones small hole? If so by all means send me one, thank you for your kindness!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It's the same diameter as the string they use on phone lanyards.

As for strength, I've used it as guy lines for my tarp so I'm pretty sure it'll be strong enough for a mobile phone :)

What sort of length do you need?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hey all I just got a new phone after my last one died in the toilet

:)

I once dropped the works pager (remember those?) in a bucket when I was washing the car, tried to rescue it in the airing cupboard but it was very very dead. I got a quiet weekend on call-out though :)

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Oh I know the stuff you mean now, it's the black stuff you get on various things like keychains, lanyards ect. I guess 1 meter will do just fine as I intend to only use it for the attachment then whip it on to some paracord as the main lanyard. With a meter I can do my mums phone and partners. cheers.

I once dropped the works pager (remember those?) in a bucket when I was washing the car, tried to rescue it in the airing cupboard but it was very very dead. I got a quiet weekend on call-out though

I kid you not my previous phone jumped out of my shallow shorts pocket straight down the gutter as I ran past it... talk about bad luck! I fished it out with a mesh collander taped to a broom, dried it out and it still worked albeit without ring tone and I had to put the calls on loudspeaker as I couldn't hear the person otherwise.

Last edited:

Oldwoodyrock

Dec 10, 2012
Pacific Northwest
Next time you give the 'phone swimming lessons, retrieve it, take the battery out, pour some meths through it, shake it out, and put in uncooked rice over night. Best mates wife has done this five of six times now, and the 'phone recovers each time.
Woody

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Next time you give the 'phone swimming lessons, retrieve it, take the battery out, pour some meths through it, shake it out, and put in uncooked rice over night. Best mates wife has done this five of six times now, and the 'phone recovers each time.
Woody

Thanks, have saved this tip on my PC in case I ever need it!

p.s I havn't received the string from you guys!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE