Super Sausage February Meet - Pic Heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Sorry if I misunderstand this thread, I am a newbie here, but have been bushcrafting for forty years. Where were you? That you could catch large shrimp, salmon and herring? Also congrats to the guy with a knife who cuts the beef as good as you would get from Asda.
I am not wanting to offend anyone, but surely supermarket bought products are absolutely nothing to do with bushcraft, otherwise why not buy a Lidl barbeque, some easy light fuel, and pot noodles?

Rant over, nice that you enjoyed your time.

I take you stroll into the woods naked then and harvest everything you need for a few days there? With your 40 years experience you could feed yourself from scratch? You must obviously make all your kit too, smelt the ore for a knife and cook pot etc etc

Give me strength..... Someone will pipe up about frozen chips next!!

Cliff and Spike that is Basil yeah, and haha no he hasn't lost any weight!!

Top drawer weekend, thanks to all who came. See you at the next one.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Frozen chips and battery farmed birds mate iirc, lol
Chips were not frozen by the time we got back from foraging in Sainsburys.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
frozen chips? i was on your side 'til i heard about the frozen chips, you lazy gits!

i'm off to smelt some ore to make my new cook pot and join the side of the self righteous

stuart

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
As I didn't want to slaughter a whole cow for the purposes of experimenting in my hobby, I thought it prudent to buy from Tescos a cheap joint of meat.

Oh and the Meat was cut into strips by a AW/RM Woody and a Mora.

Martin you should have said you needed some meat, i slaughter a cow in honor of my gods at the weekend, was meant to do it last weekend but i was flint knapping the blade i was going to use and it took a bit longer than i thought.

You live and learn.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
...... i was flint knapping the blade i was going to use and it took a bit longer than i thought.

You live and learn.

now there's a man with dedication, i'll wager he's never had a frozen chip in his life.

stuart

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Good job no one noticed the oven trays tied on by granny knots in the tripod......

homersimpsondoh02.gif

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Thanks we did have a great weekend; but Woodsy is infact the fairer of the species.

The confusing thing is Mart, that Woodsy is infact my alias from another forum!

I am the fairest of them all though, obv. ;)

And I don't know what all the fuss is about personally, I caught those prawns, and the salmon, AND the herrings I used to smoke as kippers in a stream just down behind Yardley Gobion... Global Warming eh?! :rolleyes:

Fun fun fun though, will be looking forward to a slightly more springlike, (and less snotty) one next time :)

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
I always enjoy your meet write-ups, please keep them coming! I see you have taken the "cuckwagon" on the road. :D What were the jerky recipes? They look great. Y'all can "throw down" when it comes to fixin' grub! I would like to make application to be an honorary member of the Sgt Mjr's Mess, Martin.

Gordy

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Sorry if I misunderstand this thread, I am a newbie here, but have been bushcrafting for forty years. Where were you? That you could catch large shrimp, salmon and herring? Also congrats to the guy with a knife who cuts the beef as good as you would get from Asda.
I am not wanting to offend anyone, but surely supermarket bought products are absolutely nothing to do with bushcraft, otherwise why not buy a Lidl barbeque, some easy light fuel, and pot noodles?

Rant over, nice that you enjoyed your time.

you sir are seriously taking the P!"" omg you bought meat from a shop/butcher wow no i went to my cubord got out my 50cal hunting rifle and shot 20 cow's 5 sheep and 16 pigs a deer and ebliterated a rabit. i bought my steak the bigger cut of meat in the pics and cut them thinner right down the middle with a mora so if i can do that to a steak just think what eles i can do with a mora. dont sit behind your pc and be a arm chair bushcrafter the only way you can legaly get meat/food with out stealing or getting premision to hunt and haveing a leagal rifle orhave a fishing licence and a boat is to use a shop/butcher. you seriously should know better if you been doing bushcraft for 40 years you dont just go into the woods/outdoors with only the clothes on your back and a knife unless you just stupid you always take food with you and substitute with what you can find/catch leagaly. by the way norsch dont bother replying to my comments on your idiotic post to this thread as i wont bother reading it as i feel you have nothing positive to add have a nice day armchair bushcrafting.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I always enjoy your meet write-ups, please keep them coming! I see you have taken the "cuckwagon" on the road. :D What were the jerky recipes? They look great. Y'all can "throw down" when it comes to fixin' grub! I would like to make application to be an honorary member of the Sgt Mjr's Mess, Martin.

Gordy

Gordy you would be most welcome around the fire.

My Jerky recipe:

Apple cider vinegar
Balsamic Vinegar
Sugar
Black Pepper
Chili flakes
Garlic salt
Onion granuales
Soy sauce
Worchestershire sauce.

Karls had some of those and half a can of JD and coke

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Gordy you would be most welcome around the fire.

My Jerky recipe:

Apple cider vinegar
Balsamic Vinegar
Sugar
Black Pepper
Chili flakes
Garlic salt
Onion granuales
Soy sauce
Worchestershire sauce.

Karls had some of those and half a can of JD and coke

hey martin, wicked pics, getting me very excited for north wood :D will you be doing some jerky there cos i'd like to give that a go? obviously i'll bring my own steak (shop bought, sorry norsch, only been bushcrafting 5 months) but i really want to learn about preserving meats. hoping it won't be sooooo cold this time so i can try a few more things out...

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Thanks Martin, I'll give the recipe a try!

Gordy

Gordy, you can take ingredients out, or substitute i.e Honey for sugar

hey martin, wicked pics, getting me very excited for north wood :D will you be doing some jerky there cos i'd like to give that a go? obviously i'll bring my own steak (shop bought, sorry norsch, only been bushcrafting 5 months) but i really want to learn about preserving meats. hoping it won't be sooooo cold this time so i can try a few more things out...

Simon, could give it another go. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE