Sunday morning wander

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
Took the dog for a walk in the local woods, accompanied by Drew1166. Quite a nice walk there was a slight flurry of snow just before we left but it stopped again. Along the way we stopped for a bit of a brew and a play,

Tea stop
teabreak.jpg

A little Fire craft from Andy, traditional flint and steel. One of Eric's, with char cloth.
Blowing the ember to life
blowingember.jpg

and blowing some more
blowingsomemore.jpg

Transfering the ember to the tinder bundle
tindernest.jpg

and the tinder starting to catch
tinderstartingtocatch.jpg

and just to prove the dog was there
naturalhabitat.jpg

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
You should never feel guilty for some one else having an accident :D
Its my own fault self inflicted ;)
You need to get your self a wee hobo stove to brew up on :D

cheers Russ ;)

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
aaaawwwwww Shewie..... there was no need for that...:yuck:

Make sure it's a good close up....:D

I forgot to put in that I got my first fire from a flint and steel as well today.:D We were using sisal as a tinder. Andy didn't mention that when it goes up it can be quite....energetic. I'd been meaning to trim my nasal hair anyway so no harm done...:eek:

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Well done its very satisfying when you achieve it :D
Ive nearly been caught out with the bow drill when the tinder bundles sometimes try to catch you out ;)

smells like burnt hair for a while though :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
aaaawwwwww Shewie..... there was no need for that...:yuck:

Make sure it's a good close up....:D

I forgot to put in that I got my first fire from a flint and steel as well today.:D We were using sisal as a tinder. Andy didn't mention that when it goes up it can be quite....energetic. I'd been meaning to trim my nasal hair anyway so no harm done...:eek:

Honestly ! :eek: Him with an axe and you with fire, you're no' safe the pair of you :rolleyes: :p
When I first met you your hair was down to your waist.........then one flambe'ed neo-Viking later, it's a short back and sides :lmao:
Now you're telling me the face is sunburnt :11doh: .........actually you'll be the only one, have you noticed how milk bottle white we're all becoming this Winter ? Virtually no Sunshine at all.

Nice photos :approve: Andy looks a contented man there; Marley just looks like a happy dug :D

atb,
M

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
...then one flambe'ed neo-Viking later, it's a short back and sides :lmao:

You had to bring that up didn't you?? honestly, one slight mistake with a fire stick and you never live it down...:rolleyes:

Marley just looks like a happy dug :D ....

Not a couple of hours later when I had him in the bath he didn't:D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You had to bring that up didn't you?? honestly, one slight mistake with a fire stick and you never live it down...:rolleyes:

Rob, they said you looked like a spent match :rolleyes: :p

Denise is bringing firepoi this weekend to Comrie............I get to play, I get to play...... :D :D

Did I tell you it was fun ? :D This swinging burning poi around ?? :D

M

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
Thanks Drew, not bad for my camera phone. I'm still getting used to it. (Christmas Pressie)

Mistwalker, It is a nice little bit, Unfortunately, because it is just a local wood and really close to houses there is a bit of rubbish around but not as bad as some other places. We were just walking the dog though. If we were going out for just some bushcraft we'd probably have gone somewhere further afield

Toddy, I did not look like a spent match. I merely ended up with a very very short back and sides. When you are playing with them remember to wear a hat. That's what they told me, unfortunately they told me 10 seconds to late. Still at least it got me immortalised in fiction...... :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They told me you 'flared' :eek: :eek:
I was worried, :rolleyes:
Funny afterwards though :D

Good photos from a phone :approve:

:Grouphug:
Toddy............off to find a wooly bunnet :eek:

Mistwalker, It is a nice little bit, Unfortunately, because it is just a local wood and really close to houses there is a bit of rubbish around but not as bad as some other places. We were just walking the dog though. If we were going out for just some bushcraft we'd probably have gone somewhere further afield

Ironic isn't it...., how there is always the most rubish in the places where it would be the least distance to carry it back out. Luckily the refuse leavers are by nature a lazy lot and don't get off into the deep places often.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE