Summer sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Thought i'd pick the collectives brains about a new summer bag for use in my hammock.

I've been using a north face yurt for a few years, being down it packs small but it was designed for mountain marathon runners, so needless to say i find it a little snug and short, worst part is its only got a half zip, fine in a bivi bag or tent, less so in a hammock!
Last night i decided to bin the yurt and 3/4 thermarest and just take a army wool blanket.
Worked fine, but was a nightmare to wrap myself in when i woke up at half 2 and it had chilled off.
SO, i rekon a square footed summer bag with a synthetic filling that i can close up if it chills off, but have open as a blanket when it's not.
It needs to pack small and be lite, the blankets bigger and heavier than the thermarest and yurt together so not saved anything.
Sythetic filled, down will compress leaving me uninsulated.
Right hand zip, it's just how i sleep in the hammock.
Prefer green/grey/black etc
Have looked at the snugpak jungle bag but anybody else got any good ideas?
http://www.snugpak.com/index.php?MenuID=160-101&ItemID=71

Thanks for reading my rambling's

Sickboy:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE