Suitable container for meths?

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
MattW said:
Works for me! (and actually says to do this on the yellow bags that new trangia burners come in).

Matt

Ahh thats where I saw it! :rolleyes:

And thats another thing!! You tell kids to put the burner and handle back in the yellow bag to keep the pans clean, so what do they do? Leave the bag on the ground, tread on it, get it tottaly mucky and then put it inside a perfectly clean billy :confused:

Z

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
Hi,

Get yourself a traniga bottle for your meths. They are great! Very hard plastic bottle. They have a clever valve system that allows you to fill the trangia burner without missing and pouring meths all over. The valve has not leaked on me yet. They come in 2 sizes I believe, 500ml and 1000ml. I have the 500ml.

Check out a picture of them on the net and you will see what I mean about the valve. You loosen the white nut and press it down, the meths comes out of the tube at the side (Hold the bottle on it side) running right into your burner.

I can't believe I have written so much about a bottle, but it’s a really good design.

Pete

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
I've heard that the plastic bottles that Meths is supplied in tends to become brittle at low temperatures. A good knock, like falling over or dropping your sack on the ground, at -5 is enough to split those bottles. I've never had problem with Sigg ally fuel bottles but the Sigg plastic fuel bottle is the one to get. Go with your new purchase though, should do you for quite a while.

L

Liath

I've always just kept it in the container you buy it in.

This has the added advantage of having an 'adult proof' lid, for the amusement of those around you... :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE