Suggestions.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Will you also want to ask race and religion too?

Whats the implication there? Id like to know the age of the people Im talking to, so suddenly Im a borderline racist?

Youre puttin words in my mouth mate.

Forget it eh?........

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Cunliffe doesn't claim that the British were all Celtic….he makes the differentiation between a European culture and indigenous tribes, and their connections to that Europe to which our islands were once attached.

Age ? we could do it with a sort of list….
Too young to vote.
Old enough to drink but still get carded.
Have children older than you were when you had them.
Watched the Moon landings.
Remember watching the first Dr Who.

Forget it.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Dave I wasn't having a go, suggestions are always good as is talking. The point I was trying to make (maybe badly) was that if everyone is in a rigid box then new borders can't be explored and that folk will clump together within their borders. One of the things I like about the net is that it allows me to explore new people and ways of thinking. Even at that I know I can be bad and stick.within my little Scottish enclave.
All I was trying to say.is that I try to take folk as I find them I wasn't trying to paint you as anything. Maybe I shoulb've put a smiley in :D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Last edited:

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland

And also it would be a good idea to make ages shown, as mandatory. I'd like to know if Im talking to a 15 year old or a 40 year old, or a 70 year old.
:lmao:

At the risk of sounding picky Dave, but isn't that sort of why we all have profiles on here, & finding out these things as you get to know people by reading their posts is all part of the social experiance IMO I'm only sayin.

I found your Link interesting Im Damnonii (number 6) & I'm 53 years old.
This is the tribe or people who lived in the central part of Scotland around what is today Glasgow and Strathclyde.

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im not in favour of age at all.

And as a Classical Scholar...why cant we use Latin? I mean, everyone speaks it, dont they?

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
What a really silly "true name" for London. "The unfordable one" precisely where the Thames becomes fordable for the first time up from the sea. Even after the nineteenth century embankment of the Thames. At least one ford was near vauxhall and a rather tall member of the House of Lords did middish twentieth century.

In fact a more reasonable origin for the name London might well be the very early English, even pre-Roman, form of Landing, that is the first place upstream where it was reasonable to land cargoes and be able to distribute them in all directions.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
What a really silly "true name" for London. "The unfordable one" precisely where the Thames becomes fordable for the first time up from the sea. Even after the nineteenth century embankment of the Thames. At least one ford was near vauxhall and a rather tall member of the House of Lords did middish twentieth century.

In fact a more reasonable origin for the name London might well be the very early English, even pre-Roman, form of Landing, that is the first place upstream where it was reasonable to land cargoes and be able to distribute them in all directions.

They way some Londoners say London sounds just like landing so you may be right on that one. :D

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yes, I got the hump......more to do with stuff off the site than on though.

Cheeky sods, show some respect for your elders.....:)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well we would if you had yer age up. :D
Hope things are better off site now Dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE