Suggest a 2/3 season down sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I'm in the market for a 2-3 season down filled sleeping bag that is light and packs small. Has any one experience of these and what would you suggest I look at?:)

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Depends on your budget, how big you are and how cold you sleep really, I have an Alpkit Skyhigh 800 Long (I need space to move around) which I have been able to sleep in at -4 in a tent comfortably in my skivvies, and I consider myself a cold sleeper, there is a review by Jambo Jambo's Review
I have been able to pack this bag down to the size of a rugby ball with a little effort, and it will fit in a 20l exped drybag with space to spare if the compression sack is used. The Skyhigh 600 packs a little smaller and is a little lighter at 1.25kg (ish) according to their site, but I don't own one of these. Lighter and smaller still are the Pipedreams. No affiliation with the company just a happy customer. Here is a link to their sleeping bags Alpkit Sleeping bags

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Have a look at the cumulus quantum 450 down to -10 weighs in at 750g but pricey ,i have the 200 quantum and cant fault it and plan to get the 450
Cheaptents.com they have the whole range

Jason

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I too can vouch for the skyehigh 600- been out in -5 under the stars on a thin mat and hunka bivi bag no probs!

In fact Fred, if you want to see it for yourself, i'm not too far away and could easy pop past with it if you want...

ATB

KP

Last edited:

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I too can vouch for the skyehigh 600- been out in -5 under the stars on a thin mat and hunka bivi bag no probs!

In fact Fred, if you want to see it for yourself, i'm not too far away and could easy pop past with it if you want...

ATB

KP

Many thanks. Really appreciate the offer. Let me do some more research and I'll get back to you.:thankyou:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Another vote for the Alpkit bags

I hear the PHD Minimus 400 is a good bag too, bit more pricey though.

When you compare bag specs with all the manufacturers, the one company that always comes out on top in terms of value and quality is Alpkit. I have the Pipedream 600 which I've been using since around the beginning of November, probably around the end of March I'll start thinking about switching to the 400.

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Thanks for all the help and advice. I was in Tiso's in Inverness today and bought a Rab Neutrino 400. Looks good and hope to use it in the next few days:thankyou:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE