suffolk???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bdshim

Forager
Sep 25, 2011
suffolk
hi im form ipswich new on here, always been into bushcraft but very much a novice, but living in ipswich (but work out in the sticks) i stuggle to find some where do practice etc, is there any meet ups in suffolk near me?
thanks
ben

Suffolksteve

Forager
May 24, 2010
Suffolk
hi bdshim,

I am from Suffolk too (if you hadn't guessed from the name), in fact I work just outside of Ipswich. There isn't a Suffolk meet up at present but the Cambridgeshire and Norfolk ones aren't too far away.

I look at Rendlesham forest on Google maps but I am not sure about the permissions there and I haven't had a chance to go there. I know some people visit Thetford forest but again permissions will be hard to achieve.

I would think about what you want to practice and then think about where could be suitable, surprisingly large amounts of stuff can practised without necessarily being out. Sorry I haven't been too much help.

Steve

bdshim

Forager
Sep 25, 2011
suffolk
thanks for the reply, all of it really ha ha, friction fire lighting for starters but went for a walk today and came back with some hazel so might give the bow drill a go when i get time, so do you got to cambridge? sounds good

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Hi,

Also from Ipswich. Been waiting for a Suffolk Meet Up, but never been enough people.

Know of a couple little forest located around the outskirts of Ipswich where I go to practise. Been given permission in the past in one forest to have fire and camp the night.
Been more then happy for a meet up with some fellow minded people.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am up for starting a Suffolk group, had some experience years ago, not got much kit but hey can always buy a sack and a tarp.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Looks like there are more of us in Suffolk than we thought!

As far as the Forestry Commission sites like Rendlesham go you won't get permission to do anything.

I'm up for a meet too.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Hi all,
Looks like there is a group of us now some in Ipswich some outside of it but all in Suffolk. We've got a page now on this site just have to have our first meet to make it official.
Tagnut69 I live in Debenham near Aspall.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE