Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just bought these. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-30-W...71451437043?pt=UK_Archery&hash=item3f33c437f3
Thought they may be handy with the Bhutanese bow. Do we have any definite numbers of those who would like to have a go at making one, just so I know what to order.

I think thay will do fine, that will make the time thing easier as well, we ill need to buy in some strings as well :)

Shall I put the Bhutanese Bow down for July :)

Just so we know numbers heres the list of intetrest.

1.Big stu

SeanI

Forager
Sep 18, 2013
Suffolk
Shall I put the Bhutanese Bow down for July 

Just so we know numbers heres the list of intetrest.

1.Big stu
2. MarkinLondon
3. SeanI

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I ve just put my new arrows in my arrow tube and just noticed.... they are 1" longer then the rest...... arrrrrhhhhhh, guess who forgot to cut an Inch off in his rush to make then ready for the shoot... not got time now to re do........

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
I ve just put my new arrows in my arrow tube and just noticed.... they are 1" longer then the rest...... arrrrrhhhhhh, guess who forgot to cut an Inch off in his rush to make then ready for the shoot... not got time now to re do........

Stu, my wife used to say it would be better with an extra inch, but I don't think she was talking about arrows!!!!

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Shall I put the Bhutanese Bow down for July 

Just so we know numbers heres the list of interest.

1.Big stu
2. MarkinLondon
3. SeanI
4. Mikesmith
5. Chris

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I think thay will do fine, that will make the time thing easier as well, we ill need to buy in some strings as well :)

Shall I put the Bhutanese Bow down for July :)

I'M happy to do that. Just to let you know, one four foot length of 4-5" dia bamboo will make 4 staves, 2 per bow. Also we will make our own bowstrings. Making our own strings will be good practice for when we do natural cordage.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I had a smile on my face when I was in my nice warm and dry house drinking a hot mu of coffee when the heavens opened up this morning :lmao:

Still the weather looks even worse for tomorrow, we got wind and lightning too:)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Just what I was thinking, have you ever know the weather to stop a shoot? I know when playing golf and the lightning starts its a good idea to put the metal and carbon shafted sticks away and run for cover.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
1B42920C-4BE0-4F44-A781-502B72AE1383_zpsvehxoi9u.jpg

I bought this metal bin at the boot sale a few months ago. I planned to turn it in to an incinerator but never got round to it. I'm moving out soon and it needs a new home.
Would the group be able to make use of it?

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
I made a proper pukka incinerator for the group but no one wanted it, to be fair no one asked me to make it so its my fault really, works a treat. I still have it if needed, but its not new anymore :)

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Bhutanese Bow down for July

1.Big stu
2. MarkinLondon
3. SeanI
4. Mikesmith
5. Chris
6. Russell
7. Iambosscat
8. AndyW

Should make the July meet!

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE