Suffolk Bushcraft Group Daniel Boone Challenge 23rd May to 26th May 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
The boon is looking slightly less likely for me.
I've just been given notice to quit by the landlord as she is selling the house.
So it looks like I might be busy moving that week.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Bet they weigh a fair bit, would not want to be carrying them to far, I guess it would be great if you have a horse though.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
The boon is looking slightly less likely for me.
I've just been given notice to quit by the landlord as she is selling the house.
So it looks like I might be busy moving that week.

sorry to hear that Bud, see how things go mate.. you never know....

Found some good period tarp shelter styles used re-enactors in the states.

Funny how they seem to prefer a diamond fly set up too. They also speak of using 12 x 12 tarps.

weight was not a problem for them as they tended to make a base camp , had Pack Mule's/Horses, then went out from there..I think the diamond shape was a good one for room with a wide opening as well.. :)

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Thought it was time to bump this up, and get some more interest going. Anyone else up for it.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”
Friedrich Nietzsche.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I did this one to allow for an extended experience, and also return to the main camp on the fourth night so we did not have to carry too much around, making camp at the main site on the first night then on the fourth returning to the main site, extra kit/food can be left here for teh last night :).. or even a detor to restock after the second night :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thats a shame Sam, no Doubt a right up will follow.... I am wondering about one in Sept/October but that will be a two nighter and may be a base camper at one site, to practice all the boonie skills :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE