Suffolk Bushcraft Group Daniel Boone Challenge 20th and 21st September 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... it has to be a map suitable for 'The Booney Goonies'...

Will this do...
View attachment 22616

Cool!

sloth_goonies-431x300.jpg

Sloth would approve :D

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
image.jpg image.jpg

Right my evening playings. As before really but with pics. First pic it breakdown as listed below. Second is packed. My Swannie is also rolled in bed roll and snow smock is on top in pic.

1 - bed roll. Two German poncho tarps joined. A Czech bed roll and a large wool blanket in there too. It's not small. Especially when some of the below is getting wrapped up too :)

2 - main ridge line (waxed cotton). Not Boone as such but I have it and I like it. Pegs as I'm not sure on the cutting on site of these. Also a ball of jute twine for this and that.

3 - spare top. Pants (sorry too much information:eek:), socks, sleep socks as I get cold feet one buff cos they are really useful.

4 - general belt stuff. Leather belt, possibles pouch, first aid kit and Hillbill knife. Contents of my possibles is layer out in another thread.

5 - US canteen water bottle. This also has jerky stuck in there as there was space to fill.

6 - Swedish Ali billy. Lid will work as a mini frying pan and also act as my bowl,to eat from. Inside is folding Swedish cup and will have bacon and beans transported in it once they are done.

7 - bag with onion, carrot and potatoes

8 - brew kit. Tea bags, coffee, powdered milk. Also squeeze of carnation to try it out.

9 - pouch with few odds and ends. Spare candles, knife oil and cloth, toothbrush, soap.

10 - candle lantern

11 - small buck saw

12 - leather gloves for tending fire and wooden spoon

13 - loo kit

14 - tinder pouch. Bit of birch bark, jute, thistle down and reed mace down. Flint and steel are in possibles pouch which has char cloth and amadou.

15 - food stuff. Bannock mix, almonds, cranberries, cornmeal, sugar

16 - trail bread and dried peaches

17 - chocolate. As snack, but more likely for boiled chocolate

18 - spoon and carving knife for fine detail. Plan on spoon making if plans come together

That's it I think. Any glaring omissions or stuff that's daft?

Andor

Jun 21, 2012
Cambridge
I am not a fan of 18th century clothes eider. Though breech clout sounds interesting, especially in English woods and climate. I believe Stu would have some explanation to give to wood owners:). Saying that I would like to explore more traditional materials used outdoors such as wool. I was looking to buy a woollen shirt last week. Expensive:)

Loking forward to talk to you all tommorow.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I am not a fan of 18th century clothes eider. Though breech clout sounds interesting, especially in English woods and climate. I believe Stu would have some explanation to give to wood owners:). Saying that I would like to explore more traditional materials used outdoors such as wool. I was looking to buy a woollen shirt last week. Expensive:)

Loking forward to talk to you all tommorow.

I have two wool pullovers... hand made for me by a local lady, cost me £20 each (and it's 100% merino wool too).

I wear wool socks year-round anyway, and if there's one thing I'd never be out in the woods without it's my wool blanket.

Great material!

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Just got the fresh food to pack now will do that in the morning, ...:)

Yeah... I've pre-prepared my meat & veg today, will fridge overnight and pack first thing tomorrow.

At the moment I'm just removing the two bottle pouches from the Bergen since they're basically just dead weight for the boonie.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I may wrap the fresh meat and the butter and cheese in grease-proof paper, and stack ready to throw into the quiver......

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I'm all packed and ready to go now. I'm taking modern equivalents on the food front, because i haven't had time to get anything else, apart from four mini pork pies.
Still, next time I'll try harder.:)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I'm all packed and ready to go now. I'm taking modern equivalents on the food front, because i haven't had time to get anything else, apart from four mini pork pies.
Still, next time I'll try harder.:)

Thats no problem Colin... Its going to be good to see the differnt way people are doing this, I know that I have been playing Boonie for a few months now trying new ... or should I say Old things out as well...

In a way I looking forward to doing a winter one as well :lmao:

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Bacon joint now cooked. That will go in waxed paper, but the soaking beans and peas will be in zip lock. Few other things are too, just cos I'm paranoid on leaks and damp.
Weather is looking good so far, so fingers crossed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE