Suffolk Bushcraft Group 2 Night Monthly Meeting 4th to 6th July 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Thanks Colin. I must say that I owned a bow (that's still in Colorado) about 30 years ago. I used to love shooting that thing, but haven't touches it since then. This should be a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Okay the Bamboo is ordered, and i have the duct tape and bow strings. Total cost £76, that's £9.50 a head. I'll post up my PP details later. when I find them.
Colin.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Please dont forget guys, you are not buying the Bamboo off Colin, he is just getting it for you so please send PP money as moneys owing, so Colin dose not get caned on fees

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Tool list for bow build.

1. Hand axe, Machete or large heavy knife. ( For splitting the bamboo and stock removal.)
2. Saw. Laplander or similar. ( For cutting lengths required, and string nocks.)
3. Rasp, Surform, Coarse file or Draw knife. ( For shaping and tillering.)
4. 2m or so of paracord or string. For use when tillering.)
5. Pencil.

I have a couple of Rasps, files and Drawknives, I can bring, but if you have any you can bring along that will be a great help.
Does any have a local Farrier near to them, they often sell off their old Rasps very cheap, and they are ideal for bow making. I'll buy a couple off you if you have them, unfortunately there are no Farriers around my way.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Colin I picked up 3 farriers rasps at the boot sale a couple of months ago, one is yours if you would like, I want to keep one to use the other will be made in to a knife/zombie chopper some time.

I will bring along a bunch of tools as well

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE