Suffolk Bushcraft - 2 Night Monthly Meet Friday 12th and Saturday 14th December

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
2 Night Monthly Meet Friday 12th and Saturday 14th December Christmas Meal !!!!!!

"TIME TO PARTY".......

I know its ONLY October but at least you can book the date.. :)

This year lets have a Bigger then last year Party...... with a full Christmas dinner.... Lights.... party Hats... Crackers...ect ect...

Some pics of last years can be seen here
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113566&page=10

I will be asking for volunteers to do shopping Cooking setting up.. and getting things sorted... Price as of yet is not known... "WE" have yet to sort..lol so heres the start of the Thread...

There will be a closing date for attending this one so we can finalise every thing.. Sorry but NO late bookings...last date for the list will be 21st November Midnight. And 28th November when the meal fee will be due to allow numbers to be finalised.

There will be NO selfcatering on the Saturday Night and the meet is only for People attending the Christmas Meal.

All Welcome, Newbies, all levels of experience, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

A 10 Acre mixed Woodland that is very quiet and secluded, and lends itself to wild camping, both in Hammocks and Tents/Tarps, just outside of the village of Stansfield,

Regulars that have been to the Site before - 12:00 onwards - report at Office before going to the woods, No arivals after 9:30pm please.....

New commers to Site - Meet at Compasses Pub, Stansfield, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 8LN. By Arrangement, normally finishing about midday on the Last day. Please be on time as the Woodland is hard to find, (Please be be aware that due to the location of the parking/site being next to House's the Very Late 9:30pm arrival will not be available as we like to keep traffic to a minimum,)

Cost
The Camp Site charge is £10 per person for the weekend, fees for the site to be paid to me (Big Stu) as you arrive, this will have to be in cash. - Under 10's no Site Fee.

The Meal Cost to be Advised Via transfer/paypal to Ozzy1997.. details will be passed on Closing date for attendance.... 15th Nov 2014.

Under 18s
Are welcome to attend, they are the responsibility of the Parent/Guardian that they came to the meet with, also please keep children under control.

Behavior
Our meets, are good natured and light hearted, with safety in mind, we aim to carry this on with self regulation, if it does not then the offending person will be asked to leave immediately.

Facilities
This is a very wild site...There is a Basic Farm Flushing Toilet and Shower at a Farm Yard about 1km away, the nearest Tap is about a 600m from the Woodland.

Personal Hygiene - there is now a Long Drop toilet in the woodland, and a flushing one at the Farm, please bring your Hygiene kits (loo roll ect),

The Communal Area has a number of seat/ small tables, a rustic bushy Table seat next to a clay oven to make food prep a bit easier then doing it on your lap, during meets a Tarp will be put up over the fire area, The fire pit has a concrete base, with a Tripod and Extension with a griddle over the fire for everyone's use.

Housekeeping
There is NO Facility to leave rubbish on site or at the farm, please bring a Rubbish Bag for your waste and take it home; we have had occasions were other peoples pitches have been cleaned up by others, You Carry In – You Carry Out.

We do have a rule of no rubbish to be burnt on the fire during time people are cooking or using the fire area for food drink preparation, Please respect this.

Fire Places and Fire scar’s to be kept to a minimum, this will depend on activities, if you make a Fire Scar for any reason, other than communal one, then it is your responsibility to clean it up, The Main communal Fire is Everyone’s responsibility to clean up after.

NO Green Wood to be cut........

Vehicles and Access and Parking to site
There is NO Access to the site at the moment - Car Parking for the woodland will be about 800m away from the woodland in a Working Farm Yard, please do not block Gates and Barn doorways.

Group Meal,
This is the Xmas meal put together by the whole group,

In case of Unforeseen events that may cause there to be no group meal, please allow in your catering for that emergency meal.

Air Guns/Archery
From this meeting as a Bonus for the Regular Attendees to Monthly Meets will be able to use Air Guns (Non FAC - under 12flb only) for Target use only in a designated area, they will be subject to Chronograph before use by the Range Control Officer,and any decision on the use of Air Guns and Range that he makes will be final, and has the right to refuse the use of the gun or any person using a gun.

From this meet Archery will be available as a Bonus activity for Regulars Only on the same Basis as Air guns, Max Bow power 30lb@28", This will be checked, Target Piles only No Broad Heads ect. We have a boss and now have two 3D Archery Targets.

The Archery Targets are ONLY for use with Bows/arrows, They are NOT to be used for anything else.

IF YOU ARE NOT A REGULAR ATTENDEE TO THE MONTHLY MEET PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF YOU CAN SHOOT... IT IS ONLY FOR THE REGULARS.

Please inform myself if you intend on bringing an Air Gun/ Bow prior to arrival.

Any person not adhering to these conditions may be asked to stop the activity.

Other Info
We are still on probation at this site, so please keep to the simple rules and treat it with respect.

I will be taking the normal, Griddle, and tripod, Coleman Lamp, also a couple of Tarps, for a group shelter,

Wood can be gathered from around the site, Dead Wood only to be used. No green wood cutting allowed

Of course Micky being taken is compulsory....

I know people Like taking Photo's and sharing experiences, and some do not like the Photo's on the Internet, so Please bear this in mind when posting after the event, also I you do not want your picture on the internet then please make all aware....

Slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale, so a meet can be a great place to get some kit.. reason to bring a little bit of cash with you.

All Attendee's, attend and take part in any activities at their own risk....by attending you agree to this term.

First Aid
There are no First Aid facilities on site, so you will need to bring your own suitable First Aid kit, not just some plasters.

The nearest A & E is 20 minutes drive at;

West Suffolk Hospital
Hardwick Lane
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk IP33 2QZ,
Switchboard: 01284 713000

Main attendance list.

If you plan to attend, then Paste and Copy the Just the Attendance List and place name on bottom of list, I will add to the Main Post.

List of Attending
1. Big Stu - Midday Friday
2. Chris
3. Vic
4. Kevin
5. Colin
6. Mike
7. Mike +1
8. Gavin from Facebook

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Right Now more in depth Details..

As things Happen I will edit this Post to keep ALL details In ONE Place for the MEAL..

I will need people to volunteer just like last year, to bring gear and food for this, as it a group event just like last year and it worked well, pick the bit you would like to get, post what your offering to bring , and a price, I'll then up date this list with your name and a price.

Cost (excluding Camp Fee) - TBC

Bring your own eating irons and drinking vessels...

Meal-
Main
Turkey in a Bin - http://www.thetrashcanturkey.com/ Turkey - From the Landowner.. last years was a great one :) Ordered 6KG £30 - Stu
Ham - Kevin (Home made Honey Glazed) £5
Roast Potatoes - Colin £2
Yorkshire Puds - Stu £3
Carrots - Chris£ 0.60
Parsnips - Chris £ 1
Peas - Colin - £1.75
Brussels - Stu£2
Onoins - Colin£1
Sausage - Chris
Bacon & Suasage wraps - Stu£2
Stuffing - Chris£ 1
Gravy - Chris £ 0.80

Pudding
Xmas Pud's - Colin, I've sourced gluten free ones if required.£5
Ready Made custard. -Colin2.20

Cheese - Mike £4
Biscuits - Mike£2
After Dinner Mints & Sweeties - Kevin£7
Cranberry and other sauces- Chris £1[/B

Celbration Sundries
Xmas Crackers - Mike£4
Xmas lights & Tree Mike
Decorations for Price Lodge :) Mike
Xmas music :) Mike
Table cloths... Mike £5

We will need

Cooking Kit,
Dustbin , - At Site
Dutch Ovens
1 x 1l Dutch oven - Chris
1 x 4l Dutch oven - Chris
1 x 4l Dutch oven - Stu
1 x 6l Dutch oven - Stu
1 x 4l Dutch oven -
8 ltr Dutch Oven
Billies
1 Nest of 3 -
Roll of Cooking foil - Stu Free

Other

Kettle 1 -On site
Tripod and extension - Stu
assorted pots pans and stoves -
Tilley lamps -
1 x Coleman lamp -Stu
Charcoal.... £5
Washing up bowls - Colin x2 £5 take from Kitty

Serving Spoons
Salt & Pepper pots

Tables and Chairs...
Tables
Tables x 3 at site... we will need more

Chairs - BRING YOUR OWN....

I will need people to take on tasks... getting prices and then getting the stuff to the site for the day.

As i say this list will change.. any ideas for additions... please only real ones...to make this work then every one needs to help out please :)

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
List of Attending
2. Chris
3. Vic

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Meal-
Main
Turkey in a Bin - http://www.thetrashcanturkey.com/ Turkey - From the Landowner.. last years was a great one :) last year we had a 5.5Kg one and it was about £28
Ham -
Roast Potatoes -
Yorkshire Puds -
Carrots -
Parsnips -
Peas -
Brussels -
Onoins -
Sausage - Chris
Bacon to wrap sausage's in -
Stuffing - Chris
Gravy - Chris

Pudding
Xmas Pud's
Ready Made custard.

Cheese -
Biscuits -
Port -
After Dinner Mints
Walnuts -
Malted wine ..
Cranberry and other sauces-

Celbration Sundries
Xmas Crackers -
Xmas lights & Tree
Decorations for Price Lodge :)
Xmas music :)Table cloths...

We will need

Cooking Kit,
Trash Can , - At Site
Dutch Ovens
8 ltr -
Billies
2 sets of stainless Coleman ones
Chris
1 Nest of 3 -
Roll of Cooking foil -

Other

Kettle 1 -On site
Tilley lamps -
1 x Coleman lamp - Stu
Charcoal....
Washing up bowls

Serving Spoons
Salt & Pepper pots

Tables and Chairs...
Tables

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Meal-
Main
Turkey in a Bin - http://www.thetrashcanturkey.com/ Turkey - From the Landowner.. last years was a great one last year we had a 5.5Kg one and it was about £28
Ham -
Roast Potatoes -
Yorkshire Puds -
Carrots -
Parsnips -
Peas -
Brussels -
Onoins -
Sausage - Chris
Stuffing - Chris
Gravy - Chris

Pudding
Xmas Pud's...Colin
Ready Made custard...Colin

Cheese -
Biscuits -
Port -
After Dinner Mints
Walnuts -
Malted wine ..

Celbration Sundries
Xmas Crackers -
Xmas lights & Tree
Decorations for Price Lodge
Xmas music Table cloths...

We will need

Cooking Kit,
Trash Can , - At Site
Dutch Ovens
8 ltr -
Billies
2 sets of stainless Coleman ones Chris
1 Nest of 3 -
Roll of Cooking foil -

Other

Kettle 1 -On site
Tilley lamps -
1 x Coleman lamp - Stu
Charcoal.... Colin
Washing up bowls...Colin

Serving Spoons
Salt & Pepper pots

Tables and Chairs...
Tables

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
List of Attending
2. Chris
3. Vic
4. Kevin

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Meal-
Main
Turkey in a Bin - http://www.thetrashcanturkey.com/ Turkey - From the Landowner.. last years was a great one last year we had a 5.5Kg one and it was about £28
Ham - Kevin (homemade Honey Glazed)
Roast Potatoes -
Yorkshire Puds -
Carrots -
Parsnips -
Peas -
Brussels -
Onoins -
Sausage - Chris
Stuffing - Chris
Gravy - Chris

Pudding
Xmas Pud's...Colin

Cheese -
Biscuits -
Port -
After Dinner Mints & Sweeties - Kevin
Walnuts -
Malted wine ..

Celbration Sundries
Xmas Crackers -
Xmas lights & Tree

We will need

Cooking Kit,
Trash Can , - At Site
Dutch Ovens
8 ltr -
Billies
1 Nest of 3 -
Roll of Cooking foil -

Other

Kettle 1 -On site
Tilley lamps -
1 x Coleman lamp - Stu
Charcoal.... Colin
Washing up bowls...Colin

Serving Spoons
Salt & Pepper pots

Tables and Chairs...
Tables

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Meal-
Main
Ham - Kevin (homemade Honey Glazed)
Roast Potatoes - Colin
Yorkshire Puds -
Carrots -
Parsnips -
Peas -
Brussels -
Onoins - Colin
Sausage - Chris
Stuffing - Chris
Gravy - Chris

Pudding
Xmas Pud's...Colin, I've sourced gluten free ones if required.

Cheese -
Biscuits -
Port -
After Dinner Mints & Sweeties - Kevin
Walnuts -
Malted wine ..

Celbration Sundries
Xmas Crackers -
Xmas lights & Tree

We will need

Cooking Kit,
Trash Can , - At Site
Dutch Ovens
8 ltr -
Billies
1 Nest of 3 -
Roll of Cooking foil - Colin

Other

Kettle 1 -On site
Tilley lamps -
1 x Coleman lamp - Stu
Charcoal.... Colin
Washing up bowls...Colin

Serving Spoons
Salt & Pepper pots

Tables and Chairs...
Tables

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thank you Guys.. a great response and start.. :)

Rather then copy and paste the whole Food and Gear list, can you just say what you'll be looking after.. as its going to get difficult to see changes... I was getting confused.. think I got it right, lol

I will change the main list in Post #2

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
No problem Colin, I just put it up early so it was fixed, prices can wait, I put an attendance Close of 15th Nov so prices a couple of days after that :), the price can be set and payment to Chris (Ozzy1977) by paypal by 29th November .. I think that's fair. gives two weeks clear...

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
That worked last year.

I will be getting dropped off on the Friday, Vic will be coming back on the Saturday with the kids, I will be leaving with them Saturday

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Hopefully will be able to make this one,
will do the same as last year, add me in the numbers and I will pay what ever it is and then keep my fingers crossed that I will be able to go.
Hope that's OK.

Put me down for the Christmas tree and lights, Decorations and Christmas Crackers, Tablecloths and Christmas Music and I will get the cheese and biscuits again.

Obviously If I can't make it for what ever reason, I can drop this stuff off to someone prior to the event, if that's OK.

SeanI

Forager
Sep 18, 2013
Suffolk
Will have to bow out of this has just realised already have other plans for this weekend.

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Now that is just over a month untill the Christmas Meal in the Woods, lets get this one going.... :)

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Just noticed the title says " Meet Friday 12th and Saturday 14th December" - Sunday 14th might help?

Is it worth PMing all past visitors to Suffolk weekends and inviting them to get involved with the Xmas weekend?

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE